Medicare for All Price-tag 32.6 Trillion!

It will be fine

ill tell you what next time you go to the doctor, offer to pay for those that dont have a form insurance
Try actually dealing with the healthcare market and get back to me. A bunch of teamsters on a socialized employer sponsored plan aren’t very convincing. Or try making an argument that’s in response to my post. How is an employer based system good for anyone?

It will be fine

I love the concept and intent but I have zero expectations that it could be implemented for even twice that amount projected of 32 trillion.
Medicare runs at a fraction of the overhead costs of private insurance. They don’t need to advertise or make a profit. Having one system to deal with would be cheaper for consumers and providers.

bacha29

Just think for a moment what the quality of life would be like for this nation's elderly if it were not for the foresight of LBJ and other's in his party to create Medicare. In fact if it were not for the Vietnam War and the Cold War which served to drain the American treasury there is a strong possibility that M4A would be a reality today. Even back then the conservatives fought Medicare. Even Bob Dole that great conservative icon who started in the House filibustered the House in an attempt to get the Medicare bill back into committee where he believed he had the votes to kill it.
What I find both disturbing as well as amusing is that conservatives are simply proud people stubborn to a fault who hate and resist change ...... until they find out that it's a good deal and are the first people standing in line to sign up and take advantage of it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Medicare runs at a fraction of the overhead costs of private insurance. They don’t need to advertise or make a profit. Having one system to deal with would be cheaper for consumers and providers.
SO ... how long have you been on Medicare?

I've been on a year now ... I can't get a knee replacement under Medicare that I could get if I had just UPS Retiree insurance.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Try actually dealing with the healthcare market and get back to me. A bunch of teamsters on a socialized employer sponsored plan aren’t very convincing. Or try making an argument that’s in response to my post. How is an employer based system good for anyone?
When you figure out a better way of paying for 337 million people get back to me. Do you even know what happens when you flood the healthcare with that many people? I am guessing you dont, we are not talking about 250000 union employess or a country with a population of 9 million

Jkloc420

Just think for a moment what the quality of life would be like for this nation's elderly if it were not for the foresight of LBJ and other's in his party to create Medicare. In fact if it were not for the Vietnam War and the Cold War which served to drain the American treasury there is a strong possibility that M4A would be a reality today. Even back then the conservatives fought Medicare. Even Bob Dole that great conservative icon who started in the House filibustered the House in an attempt to get the Medicare bill back into committee where he believed he had the votes to kill it.
What I find both disturbing as well as amusing is that conservatives are simply proud people stubborn to a fault who hate and resist change ...... until they find out that it's a good deal and are the first people standing in line to sign up and take advantage of it.
I am guessing it would be the same way it was before it. Families taking care of each other.

bacha29

Trust me with 11 kids you would have no clue
The issue is Medicare not Medicaid or AFDC Furthermore look around 11 kids. How many grand kids 40 or more and great grand kids? In 1940 this was a nation of 138 million Today...337 million. The DEMAND for healthcare has risen accordingly along with the demand for the new life saving and life extension technology that didn't exist when your mother was young. There is simply no similarity between America then and now.

Jkloc420

The issue is Medicare not Medicaid or AFDC Furthermore look around 11 kids. How many grand kids 40 or more and great grand kids? In 1940 this was a nation of 138 million Today...337 million. The DEMAND for healthcare has risen accordingly along with the demand for the new life saving and life extension technology that didn't exist when your mother was young. There is simply no similarity between America then and now.
i dont think you understand, these government programs are ponzi scams