Medicare for All Price-tag 32.6 Trillion!

rickyb

Ricky I’m glad they weeded you out from immigration. You don’t have the stomach to live in a free society based on the principle of :censored2: you.

You wanna raise my taxes to force me into paying health insurance, :censored2: you is what an American would say. Not some pusillanimous lefty who wants Daddy Sam to hold everyone’s hand.
no your definitely paying more for healthcare than me. US pays the most

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why does Medicare for all have to come with no deductibles and co pays? I have great insurance and I have deductibles and co pays.

bacha29

Why does Medicare for all have to come with no deductibles and co pays? I have great insurance and I have deductibles and co pays.
I'm sure that you know the current Medicare program does have deductibles co-pays and monthly premiums. The result is the need for a Medicare supplement that is designed to pay for some of what Medicare doesn't pay.
Medicare will always be around but there is no question that it will pay a lower percentage of a patients overall bill . There will be higher monthly premiums with higher deductibles co-pays and annual maximum out of pocket.
If you are a young person there's no better time to open up a health savings account than right now. Yes, it does mean sacrificing a higher standard of living now in exchange for better economic security later but keep in mind personal bankruptcies were one of the main drivers behind the first meaningful attempt at universal healthcare because at the time 86% of all personal bankruptcies were the result of medical bills.

vantexan

Just exactly how many is "plenty"? Let's have a look at the actual numbers .
Go to any old graveyard. Your numbers are skewed by the number of people who died before they had penicillin, the polio vaccine, etc. Spanish Flu killed over 3 million in the U.S.alone. My great-grandfather died at 27 from tuberculosis. Heck, Daniel Boone lived to be 86.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Go to any old graveyard. Your numbers are skewed by the number of people who died before they had penicillin, the polio vaccine, etc. Spanish Flu killed over 3 million in the U.S.alone. My great-grandfather died at 27 from tuberculosis. Heck, Daniel Boone lived to be 86.
abraham lived over 300 years, who needs doctors?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
38284506_2182701285281108_3797362667237146624_n.jpg

bacha29

Talk about skewing numbers. What does walking through a graveyard have to do with the question when compared to numbers courtesy of the US Census Bureau? . The AVERAGE life expectancy in 1930 according to official numbers was 58. So tell me, what is the average life expectancy of a person living in Bezerkistan or wherever the hell it is you are now? Then again where you are now the local warlord decides how long you'll live.

bacha29

You guys really want to know why there will never be Medicare for all? Just take a look at this mornings earnings report from the publicly traded for profit health insurer Wellcare. Their raking it man. Beat even the most optimistic earnings estimates by a huge margin. There's simply too much money to be made from the healthcare for profit business for a true national healthcare system to gain any traction.
In the future simply having a means to pay for healthcare in whatever form that may be in will be a daunting task.