Medicare for All Price-tag 32.6 Trillion!

El Correcto

god is dead
We currently operate in a market based health insurance system. Where are you getting lost?
As the medical industry advanced into something we could recognize today it was mainly employer paid for. The coal mines and railroad workers got insurance offered to them to make up for lost wages and medical bills.

There hasn’t been a system of consumer driven pricing since the late 1800s basically.

They charge more than they would if they didn’t know the consumer wasn’t going out of pocket 100%. Even today you can negotiate 50% cuts to your medical bill if you are the uninsured payer.

El Correcto

god is dead
When more people started getting insured by their employers, more people started consuming healthcare. Prices went up and old folks/jobless people were priced out, government stepped in and even more people started consuming healthcare, price raised even more.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t think we should continue the vicious cycle of government and insurance reliance.

The medical industry needs to be deregulated in some big ways, to cut cost and allow it to grow to keep up with demand.

El Correcto

god is dead
Democrats are proposing more government and government regulations. With massive spending and adding a beauracracy bill on top of your medical bills. I don’t agree with that.

It will be fine

When more people started getting insured by their employers, more people started consuming healthcare. Prices went up and old folks/jobless people were priced out, government stepped in and even more people started consuming healthcare, price raised even more.
So your argument is there is too much access to healthcare? If people didn’t get insurance they wouldn’t be able to afford services, lowering demand and lowering prices? That doesn’t sound good to me.

El Correcto

god is dead
So your argument is there is too much access to healthcare? If people didn’t get insurance they wouldn’t be able to afford services, lowering demand and lowering prices? That doesn’t sound good to me.
They charge more than they would if they didn’t know the consumer wasn’t going out of pocket 100%. Even today you can negotiate 50% cuts to your medical bill if you are the uninsured payer.
The medical industry needs to be deregulated in some big ways, to cut cost and allow it to grow to keep up with demand.
Democrats are proposing more government and government regulations. With massive spending and adding a beauracracy bill on top of your medical bills. I don’t agree with that.

El Correcto

god is dead
upload_2018-8-1_14-22-16.jpeg