Memphis has issues

CatMan

And try not to crash when you're checking out all the beautiful women out there! Don't let them catch you checking them out. My route has a bunch of hotties and I really don't mind talking to them....Trust me , they totally dig the attention that I give them.šŸ˜Ž

falcon back

Iā€™m not a ā€œBig Company Guy.ā€ But Mid 20$ an hr work with 10-17 hrs OT a week & the chance to not be at a desk sounds better than Target, Amazon, etc. Plus you stay fitter than all your buddies with Dad Bod. Just got to take care of your body from wear and tear. Glucosamine, Fish oil, Nuru Massage if thatā€™s your thing.

Yeah, no.
17 hrs of OT is a little excessive on a weekly basis but sometimes it's not that big of deal. Not many financially secure and successful people only work 40 hrs a week.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Management claims the staffing shortage is because of Covid-19. Lol.

Much of it is. FedEx is allowing people to stay home without it counting against your attendance threshold. Couple that with the ability of PT employees to collect an additional $600/week in unemployment. It's hitting ramps, too.

floridays

Because they are idiots. If I hated a job, I sure wouldn't wake up every day and go to work.
Have you ever considered they like the job, just not so much the treatment they may toil under?
I don't hear many complaints about the job, the actual work, hell many have proclaimed they loved the job in their earlier career. Their job, delivering packages, is what they hired on to do, with implied promises and other benefits from a company whose philosophy was P-S-P (people,-service-profit). They are upset, not by delivering packages, buy the ever rotating PSP when it began to rotate and shift to benefit shareholders and the higher caste instead of the ones that brought the bacon home.

No one forced Fedex to change their philosophy, the one they deemed the best way to grow a company and brand while they competed under the name and brand of Federal Express.

You reap what you sow.

Fedex is reaping a harvest now that Federal Express could not have reaped, Federal Express planted superior seed.

Just my two cents.

I'll let @59 Dano straighten me out now.

I've gotta say, if nothing else you are consistent.

Old Fart, I hope you purchased a new pair of knee pads for your second tour of duty, I'm sure your previous pair are thread bare.

How are the dogs doing my friend?

Last edited:

floridays

Couple that with the ability of PT employees to collect an additional $600/week in unemployment. It's hitting ramps, too.
That is an untruth.
In order to receive an additional $600/week in unemployment, an unemployment claim would have to be filed. Fedex has not let anyone go due to the China virus. The only way it could be hitting the ramps would be no takers for open positions to throw boxes for 17.5 guaranteed hours per week.

Straighten me out.

floridays

Whatever you say buddy
He said it, don't respond with a personal attack, respond to the claim if it is incorrect.

He nailed you and your position pertaining to your rights in remaining a contractor with Fedex Ground.

A simple question, if your contract is not renewed, exactly what happens to the company you built, and your employees?

Exactly who will you try and attach to, Amazon?

My best advice for you, Do what Freddy says and don't talk back, as @bacha29 correctly stated.

floridays

And try not to crash when you're checking out all the beautiful women out there! Don't let them catch you checking them out. My route has a bunch of hotties and I really don't mind talking to them....Trust me , they totally dig the attention that I give them.šŸ˜Ž
Of course they do, you're The CatMan. :rolleyes::winkiss:

AB831

Much of it is. FedEx is allowing people to stay home without it counting against your attendance threshold. Couple that with the ability of PT employees to collect an additional $600/week in unemployment. It's hitting ramps, too.
You can't collect unemployment if you're employed, smart guy. Turn off Rush Limbaugh

falcon back

That is an untruth.
In order to receive an additional $600/week in unemployment, an unemployment claim would have to be filed. Fedex has not let anyone go due to the China virus. The only way it could be hitting the ramps would be no takers for open positions to throw boxes for 17.5 guaranteed hours per week.

Straighten me out.
While Express hasn't let anyone go that I know of, Services, Freight and Office have let several thousand go.

59 Dano

That is an untruth.

Straighten me out.

They don't have to let anyone go in order for someone to collect.

floridays

They don't have to let anyone go in order for someone to collect.
Yes they do, it is in addition to state unemployment benefits.

Unemployment is a state benefit, the additional 600 a month is a federal benefit from the Cares Act. To be eligible for the federal benefit a state unemployment claim must be filed.

Set me straight then.

Exactly how does your scenario work?

59 Dano

You can't collect unemployment if you're employed, smart guy. Turn off Rush Limbaugh

You most certainly can. States (at least in the southeastern region) have provisions in their unemployment laws that allow for claims to be approved and benefits to be paid to employees who have not lost their jobs but aren't working due to various coronavirus concerns/issues. These vary from state to state and can be supplemented by other coronavirus-related federal and state relief programs. The federal government has also expanded unemployment insurance eligibility to include people who are employed by not working.

Turn on your brain.

floridays

You most certainly can. States (at least in the southeastern region) have provisions in their unemployment laws that allow for claims to be approved and benefits to be paid to employees who have not lost their jobs but aren't working due to various coronavirus concerns/issues. These vary from state to state and can be supplemented by other coronavirus-related federal and state relief programs. The federal government has also expanded unemployment insurance eligibility to include people who are employed by not working.

Turn on your brain.
While he turns on his brain, a citation is needed to support what you just relayed.
If you know this to be the case, citations should soon follow.
You already owe me a citation from a Federal Appeals Court.

I'm still waiting.

AB831

Turn on your brain.
Struck a nerve?

MassWineGuy

While he turns on his brain, a citation is needed to support what you just relayed.
If you know this to be the case, citations should soon follow.
You already owe me a citation from a Federal Appeals Court.

I'm still waiting.

Like they told us in journalism school, if you write it, cite it.