Merry Christmas, another Christmas Eve driving the brown truck!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Spent Monday laid off from my Sun-Thurs feeder job. Seemed........normal......went to regular family gathering at 6pm like normal people. When I was in pkg....this was always a very stressful time as I never knew when I'd get there. My family was always great and waited for me no matter when I got there. 30 years of Christmas bs.

I guess that is why you are - want to retire.
I have not left the home property but two times since I got home last Friday.
It was a nice lead-up to Christmas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
two beer runs, right?

One combined beer run/plant run - I have a container garden at the entrance to our house and I replaced all the late summer/fall plants with ornamental cabbages and pansies.
Other run was a lunch with my wife at a local home-cooking place we like and then the grocery store to get all the last of the Christmas dinner stuff.
None of which was close to the mall.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Just to clarify, why would you take an 05 when you worked over 9 hours?
It was worth whatever OT i didnt make y'day to be with the family while i still had some energy and before it got too late
I dont sweat every single penny that I can make in a day, as somethings are worth more than 47 bucks ................... clarified?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was worth whatever OT i didnt make y'day to be with the family while i still had some energy and before it got too late
I dont sweat every single penny that I can make in a day, as somethings are worth more than 47 bucks ................... clarified?

Don't be too surprised if they change the 05 to 06 and take a lunch out of your paid day.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Don't be too surprised if they change the 05 to 06 and take a lunch out of your paid day.

I count my hours, if they do i will grieve it but i doubt it will come to that. The center manager and on roads gave us permission to do so when it was acknowledged in the PCM that it was a much heavier than normal Christmas Eve.

In my Local Code 5's are pretty much the norm on Christmas eve

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They don't automatically take lunch out here anymore, so it really doesn't matter if you're code 5 or 6. If you don't put a lunch in your board, it doesn't get taken out.

upsgrunt

I'm fine with that answer.
We forefit bonus when we go 05.
We are only required to show as much lunch as we take.
If I'm working more than 8 hours, I'm not going to give up any bonus.
You ok with that?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm fine with that answer.
We forefit bonus when we go 05.
We are only required to show as much lunch as we take.
If I'm working more than 8 hours, I'm not going to give up any bonus.
You ok with that?

I think each of us should follow our hearts,and make the decisions that are right for us as individuals. I'm usually the first one to LOUDLY proclaim NEVER EVER give up your lunch or breaks .......but i have 4 Grandchildren and when i got off Christmas Eve I swung by both of my sons houses and we put out Reindeer food along with Milk and Cookies for Santa. There is nothing more precious than a 4 year old excited about Santa's visit,and having that sweet little girl tell me how much she loved Christmas was worth WAY more to me than the extra hour of OT I could have made.