Mgt instructs us to violate methods

• Thread starter dont want to be known
  • Start date

upsdude

493 stops???
Are you del. to a highrise?
Your my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m thinking 2nd day air letters, shipper release, all from a nationally known phone provider. The letters go to every house in a neighborhood marketing recently installed fiber optic service. Wow, that was a lot of typing to keep from mentioning a company name.:biggrin:

I delivered 50 of them back before peak, took me about 25 minutes.

MissedBusiness

NotReallyAMember
"Sounds like someone needs to put on the tin foil hat."

I wear mine under my UPS hat. Try it, Dorkhead. Obviously management is implanting this weird hero worship in your head.

rebel

You stop before 1500 and sort your car. Keep up with the time and send a message for how much time you lost. If any sup moves your misload tell your steward so you or someone else in your center can file on it.

runner45

Maybe i am missing something here. But at my center we sort our trucks be for we leave. Has anybody every heard of showing up early and working off of the clock. You bunch of lazy :censored2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
I just delivered 493 stops with 587 pieces and 12 pickups last Friday - by myself, I might add. Do I know wtf I have in my truck at 15:00? Hell no! Do I care? Not if I'm running 500 stops, I don't. Let them write me up for a pre-loader's screw-up. I'd like to see them replace me with three full-timers just to prove a point about something that wasn't my fault to begin with. At 15:00, I probably had about 260 stops left in my truck. I could literally deliver about 40-50 stops in the time it would take to go through the rest of my load. And even if I did find a misload, it's not like it would get delivered anyway. They certainly don't have the manpower to come out to take it off of me and deliver to BFE before closure. You're an ignoramus for insinuating that everybody else has a cupcake route like yours, whereby they MUST know what they have in their truck by 15:00. My advice to the original poster: if you find a misload after 15:00, just call it in whenever you run accross it. Don't stress on it. The worst thing that can happen is that they make you deliver a pkg. that is way off your route. They would never win a full-blown disciplinary action against a driver for something he didn't do. Preload made the mistake, not you. You can't help it if it was PAL'ed incorrectly or placed there inadvertantly by a young pothead. Even if the Teamsters don't back you up on that one, the courts would - I guarantee it.

No offense, but where in the world do you deliver where you can do 500 stops??????? If you worked 12 hours a day, that would be about 41 stops an hour all day. Even on a resi route that's a HUGE click to work by. By chance is this a place you deliver like 20 apartment complexes and everything goes to office, hence knocking out 15-20 deliveried in about 10 minutes??? Even on our dense grid routes of old town tacoma, our "dream team" in a very dense area were lucky to do 55 stops an hour (and that's two people running all day in a truck). One of the best helpers we've ever seen (he's my loader actually). But she didn't use him all day, they only kept that pace up for about 4 hours. Think they were only doing about 350 stops a day during peak week. Would be interested to see what kind of route you're doing and where. Couldn't imagine doing that many stops and doing more then a piece per stop all day including pickups on top of that.

W

westsideworma

Maybe i am missing something here. But at my center we sort our trucks be for we leave. Has anybody every heard of showing up early and working off of the clock. You bunch of lazy buddy*s

call me crazy but most people don't (and shouldn't) work for free...in fact I believe its a big no no because should you get hurt and you're not on the clock, I believe you're SOL for the most part.

You can do that all you want, no one is going to stop you, but its not a wise practice.

DS

Fenderbender
I`ve done it in the past but I dont condone it.
This should be an issue in the new contract.
We all know why they say nothing if you show
up early and go through your load.But if a 130lb
irreg crushes your foot during this time.Then it
is a non work related accident because you are
not officially on the clock.
I`d like to see a 10 min paid prep time to sort your air,
find misloads,adjust stop counts to within range,before
the PCM.

browniehound

DS wrote:
"I`d like to see a 10 min paid prep time to sort your air,
find misloads,adjust stop counts to within range,before
the PCM."

Where I'm from this is called AM time and is done after our start time and after the PCM. Problem is the Pre-load sups don't like 'cause it makes them look bad, yet the on-roads like it becuase it makes them look good (this part of the driver's day is not charged to them). Why does UPS pit one management team against the other? Imagine what we could accomplish if we all just worked together, lol.:lol:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Lately it seems that our PCM's are being dragged out a little longer and then they are instructing us to code it out as "approved meeting" forthe longer PCM. To me it jsut looks like they are helping preload out by shaving an extra 5 minutes off everybody's inside building time.