millions of americans will be homeless today

refineryworker05

There are plenty of jobs out there, many are overpaid handsomely at this point.
This is an example of the point I was making in my post. Complete rejection of reality for some antecdotes and the general belief that people are trying to get over. Damn what the actual data says about unemployment, why people are behind on their rent, why land lords haven't gotten the money set aside to pay those rents, etc. Many posters would rather go with the imaginery bad undeserving people in their head to guide what we should do with complex societal problems.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This is an example of the point I was making in my post. Complete rejection of reality for some antecdotes and the general belief that people are trying to get over. Damn what the actual data says about unemployment, why people are behind on their rent, why land lords haven't gotten the money set aside to pay those rents, etc. Many posters would rather go with the imaginery bad undeserving people in their head to guide what we should do with complex societal problems.
Bro, calm down. We could hire anyone at UPS that can’t pay their rent. Trust me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Pay your rent. Problem solved.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is yet another example of the point I made in my post. There are millions of unemployed Americans. Right now there are fewer employed Americans now than in Feb. 2020. These cats don't care about factual information.
Why work if the gravy train was coming in?

refineryworker05

Pay your rent. Problem solved.
Again, just another example of an unwillingness to deal with reality. There was a pandemic, a massive loss of 22million jobs, an economic recession, unemployment benefits being delayed for months for millions, only a small percentage of the money set aside to cover people's rent payments have been paid out. This is the source of the issue, but this posters reject reality.

El Correcto

god is dead
Again this is an example of the point I made. These posters really want to construct public policy on complex societal issues on the Imaginary bad people in their heads.
No that is you, there was no insurrection, white supremacy exists in a very small percentage of the white population, there is no systemic racism and if you want to work there are jobs available.

refineryworker05

People not working is how economies recover?
Do you actually believe your illogical nonsense?
Wow... I wow. Ok before a recession and with low unemployment as existed Feb. 2020, there will be fewer job openings. During the cornavirus/trump recession there was a lose of 22 million jobs. In order to make up that 22 million job loss, there will have to be MORE job openings so more people can get hired and the unemployment rate will drop. Without more job openings your unemployment rate will remain very high for a long time because we lost 22 million jobs and need to be make up those jobs and more to keep up with population growth.