millions of americans will be homeless today

refineryworker05

Bull.

That's not a real source, anyhow.
Income and Poverty in the United States: 2016
Census data.

Download table A1.
The data goes through 2016, and adjusts for inflation to that point.

In 1980, the median household income, (again, inflation adjusted), was $49,131.
In 2016, the median household income was $59,039.

Adjusting for inflation, we make 20% more NOW than we did in 1980.

--Found 2019 data from the census:
2019 median household income is: $68,703
Which is approaching an increase of 40%.
Source: Income and Poverty in the United States: 2019
Oh wow you really don't get what you are looking at do you? See in 1980 far fewer women worked. There were far more one income households. So a huge percentage of that household income increase is just more women working.

1628444781169.png

What'dyabringmetoday???

The level of dishonesty. The eviction moratorium was started under trump. Also, the rent payments program will make most landlords whole. The money is going out very slowly. This is the huge failure by local and state and the federal governments.

Plus if any landlord takes out mortgages/loans on apartment buildings/houses they can't afford without tenants paying to cover that mortgage/loan, that is an unwise and gigantic risk to take. I couldn't imagine depending on complete strangers to cover my mortgages/loans. There is just too much that could go wrong.

Secondly, if a landlord can't hold out because they made the extremely risky decision to depend on strangers to cover their mortgage/loan payments, then sell the the fcking property and make a profit. Housing stock is limited. Investors or landlords in better financial shape will buy your rental property.
Thank you for the good laugh. I needed that.

refineryworker05

Wally talks like this too
It doesn't make sense, the US economy produces 10's of millions of low wage jobs and saying hey these are jobs that aren't low paying doesn't actually address anything because no one says every job is low paying. The argument is that there 10's of millions of low wage jobs that people are working and we should make them better paying jobs or help those low wage workers out. It is bizarre and irrational thinking

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Lol wow thanks now every worker can take one of those 12 jobs and the problem of millions of temp and part time and low paid full time workers are forever solved. You cats just cannot think. I just don't get this kind of simple minded thinking. lol
It’s so easy to make excuses why someone can’t succeed or get ahead. And it’s always someone’s fault. It‘s a sad way to live life. You keep making excuses.