MIP 2022

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Im glad it never got to that point. I never supposrted the vaccine stuff anyways as it was a personal choice and shouldve remained that way. CORP forced it on us. That said, in a few weeks, ill collect my MIP which is probably the same amount as your annual salary and I'll bug out :) Ill leave you guys to your bickering and discontent with the only company going to pay you what you're making driving a truck around town lol. The world needs IT people, bread truck drivers not so much lol.
Lol, you'll find out eventually that is way over hyped..I wish you luck..

Ou812fu

That should tell you something about where you stand in life lol.. You joined this page in Aug 2021 and you have 17k messages... 17 friend'ing messages of you literally wasting your time on a forum board talking :censored2: about a job you hated so much you hid behind a union to retain regardless of how :censored2:ty you might've been at your job lol.. Let that sink in lol..But we all get it.

i dont have anything to argue lol. I dont know who that scab is lol or what he does/did for this company. You should spend more time worrying about your next contract versus how much money i make lol..
Lol, no one at ups that has made it to retirement is shippy as you would say. On the other hand, you aren't making it to retirement?? Guess the grass is always greener..

Ou812fu

I wont be far from it according to the calculator. What you guys dont add up is my stock investments, ownership %'s and time on the job all go into calculating how much Carol pays me each year. Not just 1.5.. There's roughly 6 numbers that calculate my bonus which includes the amount of unvested and invested stock i have in this company. The more I have and my position play a HUGE role in making me happy come mip time :) If you're in corp you're pretty familiar with that as well. Let me say this and ill leave it at that. I own 5 digits worth of UPS vested stock and have 5 years of unvested MIPs that are slowly vesting each year. The pudding is in the calculation. I started my career at UPs being told by the old guard to never cash in on the stocks because the more you have the more Joe pays you. I still have my first 50 shares that was awarded to me 12 years ago at the partnership banquet at corp. Im pretty sure it was bought at $80ish a share. Just walking away from the company and cashing in on my stock, I'll have 6 figures lol.. Thats not including my 401k and the new age pension UPS put in place back in the early 2010's. Time for me to move along lol.. I'll pay my house off in full just finding a new job that pays me more for a company not hell bent in destroying careers and lives lol.
So you consider a stock option. That isn't always an option, as your salary.. man your math is horrible..

Ou812fu

I wont be far from it according to the calculator. What you guys dont add up is my stock investments, ownership %'s and time on the job all go into calculating how much Carol pays me each year. Not just 1.5.. There's roughly 6 numbers that calculate my bonus which includes the amount of unvested and invested stock i have in this company. The more I have and my position play a HUGE role in making me happy come mip time :) If you're in corp you're pretty familiar with that as well. Let me say this and ill leave it at that. I own 5 digits worth of UPS vested stock and have 5 years of unvested MIPs that are slowly vesting each year. The pudding is in the calculation. I started my career at UPs being told by the old guard to never cash in on the stocks because the more you have the more Joe pays you. I still have my first 50 shares that was awarded to me 12 years ago at the partnership banquet at corp. Im pretty sure it was bought at $80ish a share. Just walking away from the company and cashing in on my stock, I'll have 6 figures lol.. Thats not including my 401k and the new age pension UPS put in place back in the early 2010's. Time for me to move along lol.. I'll pay my house off in full just finding a new job that pays me more for a company not hell bent in destroying careers and lives lol.
That's like winning the lottery one time, and then expecting to win it from there on every year. Roll them dice boys...

DaveA

im 100% leaving.. I was just saying, they wouldn't let me take a buyout when it was offered. I survived a team of 30 employees. I was personally told if i requested the VSAP they would reject it. They cant stop me from turning in my 2 week notice after my stocks fully vest and i get my 2021 MIP payment lol.. Ill be leaving some serious money on the table when i do but who cares.. MIP format was only designed for employee retention. Keeping my bonus for 5 years and slowly handing it to me year after year was and is still one of the dirtiest management tactics Ive ever witnessed in my 25 year IT career and that's working with some large companies.

See, corp employees have their money held hostage. It used to take being an UPS'er 5 years to start getting 100% MIP pay out. Its a corp vesting period. Every year you got another 20% of a MIP payout meaning your RPU's converted to stocks that you could sell or keep. It was an unspoken and VERY enforced rule on not selling them. A report was sent out quarterly to certain individuals that would tell directors+ that employees sold their shares and you would be called into an office. The people that heavily enforced that are no longer with UPS do to forced retirement etc but some still linger and they still question it.

20 year employee here that worked with a lot of old timers that have since left. I was never once sat down and questioned about selling my shares, which I did frequently. When they gave me my MIP statement, I was definitely shown how many shares I had and reminded of the ownership incentive. Never once pressued and that's in four building and probably six different division managers, and even a few district managers when they used to give them out.

DiadesSuk

20 year employee here that worked with a lot of old timers that have since left. I was never once sat down and questioned about selling my shares, which I did frequently. When they gave me my MIP statement, I was definitely shown how many shares I had and reminded of the ownership incentive. Never once pressued and that's in four building and probably six different division managers, and even a few district managers when they used to give them out.
Im just stating from my experience. It was constantly reminded in 1 on 1's on a qtrly basis. I dont have any reason to make that up as it doesnt do you or i any good. Im extremely appreciative for what UPS has provided me and I hope UPS has appreciated what I've provided it. But as a 20 year vet, you know as well as I do, the UPS that attracted us to the company isnt the same UPS we serve today. And for that, its time for me to move on with the things ive learned and challenge myself in making more money, better benefits and a happier work to life ratio.

Fenris

I missed this earlier. This post makes you look like a troll as it is full of inaccurate information. The only factors that play into MIP are salary, band level, current ownership levels and the MIP factor. Time on the job has absolutely nothing to do with it.
5 figures of stock will not get you full ownership incentive unless it is $99,999 and you are the lowest paid Mgt. Person in the company.
No one has 5 years of vested shares out there, no one.

Fenris

Im a seasoned partner, I experienced the same you did just 12+ years ago. Let me sum this up for you: when they say jump, you ask how high. when they say bark, you ask how loud. UPS purged the old guard if you were a Nay sayer. They kept you on board if you followed the new guards lead. Trust me when i say this, its not getting any better and at the rate UPS IT is going, anyone with talent is bailing. 3rd party logistic companies are paying TOP PAY for UPS'ers right now and theres no question about it. The offer made to me, no only beat my current salary about 25k but they matches my 10 UPS vacation starting day one. UPs is no longer a retirement company. It's a revolving door. They want you for the knowledge, then they want it shot offshore for an india based company to support it. As I said above, ill collect my retirement fund and bounce after March 5th. Im not even remotely shy about saying that. UPS is too busy playing politics to care for the people. I know theres another VSAP coming but my guess is itll land in 2023. So if i was anyone in IT, I would keep my eyes and ears open to Sr management meetings and how they start navigating future solutioning of our systems. Its all going offshore. Every bit of it.
Your 10 UPS vacation whats? Days, weeks? No management person gets 10 weeks and, if you've been around at least 12 years, it is quite a bit more than 10 days.
Whose troll alternate account are you?

DaveA

Im just stating from my experience. It was constantly reminded in 1 on 1's on a qtrly basis. I dont have any reason to make that up as it doesnt do you or i any good. Im extremely appreciative for what UPS has provided me and I hope UPS has appreciated what I've provided it. But as a 20 year vet, you know as well as I do, the UPS that attracted us to the company isnt the same UPS we serve today. And for that, its time for me to move on with the things ive learned and challenge myself in making more money, better benefits and a happier work to life ratio.
I wasn't suggesting you were making it up. I was simply pointing out that your experience wasn't necessarily something that happened everywhere.

Not the same UPS, no. Some things have improved. Others have not. Some things are worst. I remember when it used to be a big deal just to be a part time supervisor. Now, nope, we can't even keep the bad ones.

I'm a big believer in that we all work here by choice. If we don't like it, we can always leave.

DaveA

I missed this earlier. This post makes you look like a troll as it is full of inaccurate information. The only factors that play into MIP are salary, band level, current ownership levels and the MIP factor. Time on the job has absolutely nothing to do with it.
5 figures of stock will not get you full ownership incentive unless it is $99,999 and you are the lowest paid Mgt. Person in the company.
No one has 5 years of vested shares out there, no one.

Five figures of stock won't get you full ownership incentive ... probably true. So? You still get partial.