MIP

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Rumor has it that all the targets were hit so the factor will be the target amount of 2.0. Under the old 15% of profit formula, the factor would be much higher.

Karma...

MIP around 2.65.........If its much less than that there will be a mass exodus of any supervisor holding a marketable degree due to lack of promotions, raises lower than inflation, poor pensions, poor medical benefits...etc etc etc.......

sosocal

I think 2.65 to 2.85 is about right....And yes I think corporate knows it is time to show a little luv to the partnership legacy.....

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Your assumption is that there is a correlation between the two?

There may be some degree of correlation, but it's not directly correlated. The pay out is subjective. The old formula was directly correlated to profit.

I suspect if all the targets are met the factor will be 2.0. For each target not met the factor is reduced by an equal percentage with the minimum factor being 1. No targets = 1. All targets met = 2. half of the targets met = 1.5.

The real question is do they establish the payout first, then base which targets were met upon how much they intend to spend or is it the other way around? Considering the MIP expense is planned in advance, it's likely the the amount is known and established in advance regardless of performance or targets met.

randomUPSISer

MIP around 2.65.........If its much less than that there will be a mass exodus of any supervisor holding a marketable degree due to lack of promotions, raises lower than inflation, poor pensions, poor medical benefits...etc etc etc.......

Please tell me you arent still sticking around at UPS hoping the MIP will be that high? The only way UPS will adjust how its treating people is if all those people DO leave the company. Kinda a catch 22 there obviously since you no longer care how things are after you leave.

randomUPSISer

I suspect if all the targets are met the factor will be 2.0. For each target not met the factor is reduced by an equal percentage with the minimum factor being 1. No targets = 1. All targets met = 2. half of the targets met = 1.5.

The real question is do they establish the payout first, then base which targets were met upon how much they intend to spend or is it the other way around? Considering the MIP expense is planned in advance, it's likely the the amount is known and established in advance regardless of performance or targets met.

I think you are accurate right there. The board will never allow MIP to be higher than planned in terms of cost. It'll certainly allow it to be lower though. Thats all money that could be reinvested or returned to the stock holders. All MIP does is dilute the stockholders shares. If the board of directors primary responsibility is to the stock holders, (and btw, it is just like at all public companies) then MIP will forever be doomed to being "as little as possible".

deleted9

I think you are accurate right there. The board will never allow MIP to be higher than planned in terms of cost. It'll certainly allow it to be lower though. Thats all money that could be reinvested or returned to the stock holders. All MIP does is dilute the stockholders shares. If the board of directors primary responsibility is to the stock holders, (and btw, it is just like at all public companies) then MIP will forever be doomed to being "as little as possible".

Anybody ever wonder why the stock always seems to go up just before they announce the MIP......

BURMDPsupe

My guess is 2.49.

M-