I feel kinda bad for (some of) the people who were led to believe that if they showed up everyday and worked really hard there would likely be a permanent position waiting for them at the end of peak season. In my building anyway, that is simply not gonna be the case. There are 4 or 5 full time cover drivers who have already been told they will be going back to inside work immediately after peak because there just arent gonna be any routes for them. Even if there were 2 or 3 positions to fill(and i doubt that), you can bet they are gonna go to people who are buddies with a supervisor or something, not to the best worker. I know they have to lie because otherwise we wouldnt have nearly enough bodies to get thru peak. But I still feel sorry for the people who are basically being used and discarded after a month of probably working harder than they ever will again in their lives. Some of the people ive talked to were only lookin for seasonal work, but the vast majority are hoping it leads to something permanent. its some pretty sleazy business.

IESucks

I feel kinda bad for (some of) the people who were led to believe that if they showed up everyday and worked really hard there would likely be a permanent position waiting for them at the end of peak season. In my building anyway, that is simply not gonna be the case. There are 4 or 5 full time cover drivers who have already been told they will be going back to inside work immediately after peak because there just arent gonna be any routes for them. Even if there were 2 or 3 positions to fill(and i doubt that), you can bet they are gonna go to people who are buddies with a supervisor or something, not to the best worker. I know they have to lie because otherwise we wouldnt have nearly enough bodies to get thru peak. But I still feel sorry for the people who are basically being used and discarded after a month of probably working harder than they ever will again in their lives. Some of the people ive talked to were only lookin for seasonal work, but the vast majority are hoping it leads to something permanent. its some pretty sleazy business.
Welcome to UPS, it's never about the employees

Box Ox

Sucks for them. Was bad enough being a PT permanent signing bid sheets over and over again and doing a “Maybe next year” every time.

jaker

trolling
Working harder in their lives so far , we still have a lot more peaks left to fail