Misload grievance

fres431

Wow, suspension for misloads? If that were the case, I would have been fired years ago.
It sounds like you need to get a better steward.
As brownslave noted, don't sign anything your supervisor tells you to. When he asks to initialize RTS (refused to sign) I politely say no thanks.
If they even attempt to hassle me about refusing to it, I point out that the current contract states that they're now harassing me and pushing for a harassment grievance. Just don't ask me where it's noted in the new contract though :)
Article 37 of national harassment section

clean hairy

Years ago a Sup came to me one day with a Warning Letter for misloads the previous Thursday. 2 problems with it.
1) It was for load I had never loaded, and
2)I was on vacation the previous week and not even at work!
Told the Sup I would grieve it, and given the facts, did they want to proceed, or tear it up and dispose of it?
The Steward was laughing in the Sups face!
Priceless!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I had a loader that was getting dinged for misloads that she didn't load. Our solution was simple. She would make a mark on each package she would load. When I would find a misload I would take a picture of the package and the next day show it to her supe. The vast majority of misloads weren't hers but resulted from someone else in the load. Eventually her misloads were a rarity and she became one the best loaders I have ever had.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
How many misloads did you have and in what period of time? Do you normally have misloads? Just wondering for future reference that I hopefully won't need, I had 3 yesterday and my sup made me sign some kind of paper or whatever, oh well yesterday was a bad day, it happens. I didn't have the least but I didn't have the most so that's a plus.

ZUsMKN5.gif

SafeYARDdog

I feel threatened everyday I walk through the door, we are also told if we don't keep our misloads there's plenty of people who are ready to work who can, my job seems to be constantly held over my head as well as others.
It's harder than anything to fire a PT package handle in UPS so just relax and enjoy your work-out.
If a supervisor tell you no more misload or you are fired dat means he is about to be hang up.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's harder than anything to fire a PT package handle in UPS so just relax and enjoy your work-out.
If a supervisor tell you no more misload or you are fired dat means he is about to be hang up.

Do you use "dat" because you don't know any better or because you think it's cool?

SameRightsForAll

Sometimes supervisors and helpers who are covering a loader when he's in the restroom will misload packages. In fact, a helper is usually not even trained to load or hasn't enough experience and is most likely to misload if he is given the right to walk on your car with packages when you're not looking. Make sure you document on the clipboard that a helper or even the supervisor was helping load. You don't have to write down what the supe is suggesting that you write. Document facts and ask that the misload(s) be removed until its proven you did it... unless it is known that you were the only loader. Briefly verbalize your challenge before you sign, then scribble your initials.

iDontWorkAtUps

Take it one package at a time, write down "Car # - PAL " on box and keep it neat. You might get stacked out more until you get faster but when they see you getting 0 misloads they wont bother you... Atleast where I'm at.

Hateworkingaspreload

I got fked by a sup for having 16 misloads on my first day, I don't believe I had that much. Had to be whoever helped me..they gave me Fken 4 trucks, 16 in one truck and 0 in the other 3. I know I didn't do that 16..

Edit: I think the driver was fken with me, I was told to shove the airs that were FKEN like 80lb tables(4 of them) in the back so he had no space and I saw when he came, he was pissed af. Must had been him who screwed with me

Last edited: