Misload Mitigation

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
When I went to driving school back in the early 90's there was talk then of integrating RFID chips in to the shipping label.

Had that thought after my last post. Seems like that would be the winner. Chips are significantly smaller now than in the 90's.

It's not like we don't know about them. We're DYING to use them. But the cost / efficacy just isn't there yet. Drivers complain about stuff we deploy that works in the lab and has issues in the field. Imagine if we deployed stuff that doesn't even work the way we want it to in the lab...

It's cool to hear it's been considered. Maybe just need the right people in place to figure out how to implement it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The costs are built in to the rates.
Right shippers don't directly pay for the supplies, but they do pay for them. In order to pass on the extra costs associated with rfid integrated labels they would have to increase the contractual rates, which isn't very likely, or would at least take time. So the system would have to pay for itself to makes sense.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm pretty sure this is going to be a waste of time as this place seems to be full of keyboard warriors, however, Im looking to see if anyone has any tips or tricks, aside from working the belt methods, to prevent misloads.
Work at a good pace. They want it both ways. Can't happen. You can't rush folks and expect perfection.