Misload Mitigation

Neutral

There is a limit to the amount of information a person can process in a set amount of time. UPS seems to have a problem understanding that. Focus on hundreds of methods, remember a constantly progressing string of digits 30 to 40 long (addresses and HINs) all day, all while dodging idiot drivers. Might as well instruct us to breath under water, or fly to our next stop.
Yeah, you finally learn to just do your job and not worry about UPS BS. They will always find ways to harass

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
7BB47D59-B3F2-4B06-83C9-0C90DBEFF471.jpeg

Attachments

• 26B13E83-F937-4D3B-91F1-CE9EE2345F23.jpeg
    26B13E83-F937-4D3B-91F1-CE9EE2345F23.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 212

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If I get a good load, I will type it in. I have only heard comments back a couple of times over the years. I do try to work with my Preloaders and most of them seem to want to try and do a good job. Get the package in the right section and load the oversize ones with the labels visible are all I ask. Walking into a car and start screaming at a new-hire Preloader is the stupidest thing a driver can do. A good Preloader will make or break a Driver's day. The horrible rate of turnover is a major problem in my Hub. Understaffing operations probably costs more money in the long run as we try to fix problems that could have been prevented in the first place.

If I get a good load, I will type it in. I have only heard comments back a couple of times over the years. I do try to work with my Preloaders and most of them seem to want to try and do a good job. Get the package in the right section and load the oversize ones with the labels visible are all I ask. Walking into a car and start screaming at a new-hire Preloader is the stupidest thing a driver can do. A good Preloader will make or break a Driver's day. The horrible rate of turnover is a major problem in my Hub. Understaffing operations probably costs more money in the long run as we try to fix problems that could have been prevented in the first place.
Not that I really care as fixing management screw ups makes me thousands of extra Dollars a year. Pay me $36/hr to track down a driver with a misload and either track down another driver so he can back track to make the delivery or I can deliver it. SPORH of .5 to 1.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not that I really care as fixing management screw ups makes me thousands of extra Dollars a year. Pay me $36/hr to track down a driver with a misload and either track down another driver so he can back track to make the delivery or I can deliver it. SPORH of .5 to 1.

I used to be on the Safety Committee until I got fed up with over-dispatching drivers so I quit. I shuttled four Missorts all over the Southside of Atlanta one day, took me over eight hours to do it they were so spread out. I drove a Left In Building Next Day Letter from Forest Park down to Macon once, that took half a day. The money wasted to hide mistakes is mind boggling to me. Let's not start on bringing Missed packages back for the "Special Center Scanner". Work As Directed, cover my rear, don't worry about it.

Gizzy gee

Thanks, I'll bring up extra marking. Im a P/T Sup, I was a peak driver before. Trying to figure out a way to get the misloads down. We lost a lot of our experienced loaders to become drivers and the current loaders had very little training.
I suggest larger fonts for easier and faster package recognition. Color coordinate the label with the truck or bay.

dudebro

Print-on RFID chips and readers that automatically detect misloads would be a better technological solution.
Sure - how much does an RFID chip cost? Where are the readers? The packages are broadcasting constantly, so how do the readers in a car know when they're reading a package on the 7999 position of car A or the 5999 position of car B one slot over - which, in absolute terms, are possibly less than a foot apart?

If you think we don't test those things, you're wrong. But technology hasn't reached a reliably workable solution with RFID yet. Sounds great. Doesn't execute well.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The PAS imprinter at the head did not have enough ink to print the last line on an E so that it would look exactly like an friend. I got cars E and friend

take a look at one of those amazon delivery packages, HUGE FONT!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sure - how much does an RFID chip cost? Where are the readers? The packages are broadcasting constantly, so how do the readers in a car know when they're reading a package on the 7999 position of car A or the 5999 position of car B one slot over - which, in absolute terms, are possibly less than a foot apart?

If you think we don't test those things, you're wrong. But technology hasn't reached a reliably workable solution with RFID yet. Sounds great. Doesn't execute well.

If it doesn’t work

Why implement it?

The UPS way