Misloads and The Policy

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Monster, I am not positive but I do not believe you are accurate. If you go into the misload screen in the DIAD, doesn't it ask you if you can deliver it or not?

Either way, it sheets it as a misload. It also takes it off of the other driver's EDD. If you deliver it, it is still a misload.

I think this is correct?
And he doubts the master..................... :happy-very: You are correct.

A driver has no way of sheeting a pkg as a misload. You either sheet as missed or deliver it or get it to someone else. Like Scratch says, if it gets delivered by someone eventually, or at least sheeted by someone (Clo, NI etc.) than it doesn't show as a misload. Now if every driver would send the message on the DIAD misload screen there would be a more accurate count of the total. Maybe we should. I like my loader and would prefer to take care of the ones I can without alerting the center. He's human.
You would be mistaken.......................:surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This is correct. If I have a misload that I can either deliver or leave for the driver to pickup and deliver I will indicate that on the screen. If it is one that I cannot deliver I will indicate that and then let them know where I will leave it for them to pickup and shuttle.
I have done this as well (for the other driver to pick up) but if I have no option of delivering it or leaving it I simply say NO and let them decide. Usually, in this instance, they get sheeted as missed at the end of the day.

over9five

Staff member
Usually, in this instance, they get sheeted as missed at the end of the day.

It used to be the last thing I did before I headed back to the building (sheet the missed). But now we get messages to sheet the missed asap or by 1700. I think this is a good thing because customers tracking the package would know they aren't going to get it before their business closed.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It used to be the last thing I did before I headed back to the building (sheet the missed). But now we get messages to sheet the missed asap or by 1700. I think this is a good thing because customers tracking the package would know they aren't going to get it before their business closed.
I sheet them missed after I get back to the building. I think most of us do. We've been told to not sheet them until the end of the day but we are supposed to notify as soon as we find them.

upsgrunt

Whenever I send in a misload message, most of us in the center as well, we get the reply: " please deliver on your way in". Most of the time it is no where close to being on your way back to the center. If it's a business that closes at 5 it's not doable.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
The sup's shouldn't be shuttling misloads around at all so long as there are any laid off drivers. If there are no laid off drivers then the work should go to the part time air drivers who could use some hrs. I'm on call all the time and if they have me sitting at home then they better not be shuttling around packages. That's our work and I pay my union dues even if it's out of a 10 hr paycheck. People need to grieve these issues and sups wont need to worry about mileage comp.

Does anyone else see this. It's our work and we have guys sitting at home. If I'm at home I don't know if sups are shuttling around pieces so how can I grieve it. But the guys working and doing meet points to hand off or take in a misload knows if thats a supervisor or a driver so due your part and grieve it or tell us on call suckers so that we can.

pretzel_man

Yes Pretz,it does ask you.The very first day this option was available in the diad,I used it and said no to the question as it was way out of area.The next day I was told expressly to "NOT" use this anymore and to call in misloads by phone.
9 times out of 10,this is the message I receive back.
P101006002.jpg

I honestly do not understand why they are dong that. There is no major metric based on how that prompt is answered.

When you log it as a misload, it takes it out of the other driver's EDD and also tells the center they have a package to service.

I think they do not understand....

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I agree but if someone filed for me shuttling misloads, I would treat every midload after as a fireable offense. I would sit people that misload down every day until the grievances stop. For every four grievances someone would lose their job.

You would be chasing your tail there to. Every preloader at some point has had someone else load something in their trucks. Prove who misloaded what and when, then you may be able to discipline for it.

DS

Fenderbender
I honestly do not understand why they are dong that. There is no major metric based on how that prompt is answered.

When you log it as a misload, it takes it out of the other driver's EDD and also tells the center they have a package to service.

I think they do not understand....

We don't have EDD.
There is an option to "GET EDD",but if you choose it it says,
"no data available"

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Somewhere in the back of my mind I recall this... The DIAD misload screen asks if you can deliver it or not?? Is that true.

If a missort is shuttled to you, then it was either a left in building package or a misload on someone else's car. If that person recorded it as a misload, it will still be counted. Somehow, I remember that being the procedure.

People are looking at the number of misloads drivers record. I want drivers to record all misloads so its visible....

With falsification rampant to make numbers, that will never happen.

Friday I had two misloads (route drv told me), however a sup picked them up : thus my numbers were zero misloads. The sup congratulated me on perfect service. :happy-very: The idiocy of this co never fails, whatever it takes to manipulate the statistic.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Friday I had two misloads (route drv told me), however a sup picked them up : thus my numbers were zero misloads.

Maybe he meant to say 0 missed ....

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i'm a part-time sup at my building and i take a completely different approach to misload than my fellow supervisors.

when i was an hourly, i was a frequent misloader myself, and i was constantly written up, disciplined, etc., none of which helped my misload numbers whatsoever.

i like to think of myself as pretty analytical, and for the vast majority of misloaders, i can tell you that is has NOTHING to do with lack of focus, or too much focus, or sheer apathy. my misload numbers were the same whether i tried, whether i didn't try, whether i was happy, whether i was pissed, etc., and the only thing progressive discipline did was agitate my workplace (and i can really get under peoples skin if they push me to that).

eventually i came up with some of my own ways for reducing misloads and they were moderately effective to the point my supervisor began teaching them to other people and eventually they became part of the methods for the building.

now, as a part-time sup, i'm constantly pressured to also take the easy way out and just progressive discipline a misloader out of the building, but i'd rather try to work with that preloader, get him/her to adopt methods that get them to double-check the PAL, and if they still persistently misload, move them around to try to find a better fitting pull for them, move them to sort or unload if possible, and only if no other recourse is available to go for a termination.

my manager disapproves of my mindset, but my numbers are just as good as anyone else's so i'm disinclined to acquiesce

pretzel_man

With falsification rampant to make numbers, that will never happen.

Friday I had two misloads (route drv told me), however a sup picked them up : thus my numbers were zero misloads. The sup congratulated me on perfect service. :happy-very: The idiocy of this co never fails, whatever it takes to manipulate the statistic.

Were you told to not record the misloads? The misload numbers come from what you record.

You can record a misload and still have zero missed.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
i'm a part-time sup at my building and i take a completely different approach to misload than my fellow supervisors.

when i was an hourly, i was a frequent misloader myself, and i was constantly written up, disciplined, etc., none of which helped my misload numbers whatsoever.

i like to think of myself as pretty analytical, and for the vast majority of misloaders, i can tell you that is has NOTHING to do with lack of focus, or too much focus, or sheer apathy. my misload numbers were the same whether i tried, whether i didn't try, whether i was happy, whether i was pissed, etc., and the only thing progressive discipline did was agitate my workplace (and i can really get under peoples skin if they push me to that).

eventually i came up with some of my own ways for reducing misloads and they were moderately effective to the point my supervisor began teaching them to other people and eventually they became part of the methods for the building.

now, as a part-time sup, i'm constantly pressured to also take the easy way out and just progressive discipline a misloader out of the building, but i'd rather try to work with that preloader, get him/her to adopt methods that get them to double-check the PAL, and if they still persistently misload, move them around to try to find a better fitting pull for them, move them to sort or unload if possible, and only if no other recourse is available to go for a termination.

my manager disapproves of my mindset, but my numbers are just as good as anyone else's so i'm disinclined to acquiesce

This is how a real supervisor should act...all you sups here start taking notes. Here is someone who is being a leader and teacher to his employees..thinking outside the box,trying to help someone learn other ways to get the job some. How ironic,this person trying to help someone with misloads and his superiors are telling him to write up the employee...pretty pathetic,pretty friend-ing sad. Keep it up supervisor,your doing the right thing here..too bad your manager is so friend-ing blind to see it.

UPSSOCKS

This is how a real supervisor should act...all you sups here start taking notes. Here is someone who is being a leader and teacher to his employees..thinking outside the box,trying to help someone learn other ways to get the job some. How ironic,this person trying to help someone with misloads and his superiors are telling him to write up the employee...pretty pathetic,pretty friend-ing sad. Keep it up supervisor,your doing the right thing here..too bad your manager is so friend-ing blind to see it.

Yes a even though your manager is too blind to see whatever it is these uneducated union folk think he should see, he still makes five times what you do. AND it is in your best interest to make him happy. WRITE THEM UP!!!!!!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
This is how a real supervisor should act...all you sups here start taking notes. Here is someone who is being a leader and teacher to his employees..thinking outside the box,trying to help someone learn other ways to get the job some. How ironic,this person trying to help someone with misloads and his superiors are telling him to write up the employee...

At what point is the training and learning complete and we as management can expect the employee not to have misloads?

By the way there a lot of employee's that have no misloads daily/weekly/monthly. Thank you for the great job you do everyday.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yes a even though your manager is too blind to see whatever it is these uneducated union folk think he should see, he still makes five times what you do. AND it is in your best interest to make him happy. WRITE THEM UP!!!!!!

You, my friend, are still a knob.