Missing Retention Bonus

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No, not in writing. I have received the bonus every week until now. If a different new hire is still receiving bonus, I should be as well. It was advertised when applying, and still is. I think it might just be an error.
"No bonus, no retention" and quit? Not sure what else to say. 95% of UPS'ers don't want to hear about bonuses for showing up, or staying, it's rather pathetic honestly. Not blaming you, but just saying, it's a sore spot for many.

"No bonus, no retention" and quit? Not sure what else to say. 95% of UPS'ers don't want to hear about bonuses for showing up, or staying, it's rather pathetic honestly. Not blaming you, but just saying, it's a sore spot for many.
What do you expect when the company is paying the same starting wage as walmart to do very physical labor? they didn't give out the bonus because they wanted to, they gave it out because they NEEDED to.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What do you expect when the company is paying the same starting wage as walmart to do very physical labor? they didn't give out the bonus because they wanted to, they gave it out because they NEEDED to.
I expect you to put in a solid effort, then maybe become a driver, and make a lot more money than Walmart employees. Crazy idea? Now quit misloading my package car stoongotz!

PT Car Washer

Oh, ok. I forgot it’s not ok to work hard to get ahead and everything should be handed to you.
Nothing wrong about working hard to get ahead but employees should be paid what their labor is worth. New hires being paid $15 to $20/hr and experienced employees being paid a whole lot less is not what the Union should be about.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I am not blaming any specific person, group, even the company. There's an obvious disconnect between starting wages and the reality of the workload/market

The dark side

My check this week is missing the retention bonus. It is still advertised online. Should I talk to a union steward or is this not a union issue?

Talk to your full time supervisor, one of my workers cane to me today with the same question. After sitting down with my boss he told me the “bonus” is two weeks behind. Not sure how it differs from place to place.