Mobile Shipping Villages?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Effeciently? Hell we couldn't handle it at all. That was the craziest two weeks of my 30 years at this nuthouse.
Funny thing is, I wanted to see ups strike again on this last contract. Watch fedex try and absorb that volume with the workforce they have today.
They fall flat on their asses for sure. We didn't have any FedEx Ground during the last UPS strike and the Memphis completely dropped the ball with Express being reactive instead of pro active as usual.

At our station we actually had someone from our district telling the station management that we had to eliminate 2 pickup routes and be more efficient less than a month BEFORE the strike. Sounded to me like someone trying to make themselves look good for either a promotion or a raise or both.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
There is more to ups then the delivery drivers. We all strike and there will be no boxes to deliver

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
You really don't believe that, do you? UPS replacing all their drivers w/ $15/hr scabs

PAS/EDD replaces the loader's knowledge. Orion is attempting to replace area knowledge.

While I don't think that this was the sole purpose of these technologies you know that somewhere in the back of someone's mind in Atlanta they are thinking it.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
How will they get that kind of one on one training when all the trainers are out on the picket line?

Wether you'd like to admit it or not we have some (emphasize the word some) competent managers. It wouldn't be pretty, or quick but they'd get it done.

Just because they are scabs doesn't mean they are stupid. I am sure one of them would be able to show the others after a little while.

hypo hanna

Wether you'd like to admit it or not we have some (emphasize the word some) competent managers. It wouldn't be pretty, or quick but they'd get it done.

Just because they are scabs doesn't mean they are stupid. I am sure one of them would be able to show the others after a little while.
And exactly what are the shippers supposed to do during this learning curve?

And I never said ups managers are stupid. From what I can tell they are way smarter then fedex mgmt especially at the executive levels.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
And exactly what are the shippers supposed to do during this learning curve?

And I never said ups managers are stupid. From what I can tell they are way smarter then fedex mgmt especially at the executive levels.

Same thing they do every time an account switches to fedex. Spend a moth or two wondering why their crap is late or missing and then go back to UPS