More bad press from...of course GROUND

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Out with FXE drivers coming in the FXG terminal... as someone else noted, we probably had FXE rejects coming in to help.

Instead, I saw a dozen FX Freight drivers with short rear dually box trucks coming in after the main drivers were gone.

The tugs pulled the oversized freight left behind by the main drivers & was divided up among them.

Of course, my subcontractor group didn't use them since we now have enough drivers and rental vehicles to take on the covid peak overflow
I wouldn’t expect your “bailout” to last forever. Fred will bitch about how much it’s costing him (regardless how much more revenue has been coming his way) and you guys will be stuck shoveling through the endless mess yourselves especially since you’re already providing free labor for him.

bacha29

I wouldn’t expect your “bailout” to last forever. Fred will bitch about how much it’s costing him (regardless how much more revenue has been coming his way) and you guys will be stuck shoveling through the endless mess yourselves especially since you’re already providing free labor for him.
I would imagine that many if not the majority of Ground contractors are in PPP because if it's free money if 75% of the loan/grant is used to keep people on payroll. So it really and truly is free labor.

bbsam

Staff member
I would imagine that many if not the majority of Ground contractors are in PPP because if it's free money if 75% of the loan/grant is used to keep people on payroll. So it really and truly is free labor.
I doubt if any contractors qualify for that.

floridays

I’m using the money for increased payroll. It’d be negligent not to apply.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I may be, don't want to give the time to research an answer, thus I ask.

Is the purpose of these loans (grants) to continue paying furloughed employees through this "crisis" until business conditions change and allow for the reinstatement to full employment?
Was this not passed (in spirit) to provide financial security for workers not deemed to be a member of "essential" class of workers?

I'll start with that.

@bbsam your response would be welcomed and actually solicited, @It will be fine has blocked me, no answer would be forthcoming from him/her/whatever.

bbsam

Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong, I may be, don't want to give the time to research an answer, thus I ask.

Is the purpose of these loans (grants) to continue paying furloughed employees through this "crisis" until business conditions change and allow for the reinstatement to full employment?
Was this not passed (in spirit) to provide financial security for workers not deemed to be a member of "essential" class of workers?

I'll start with that.

@bbsam your response would be welcomed and actually solicited, @It will be fine has blocked me, no answer would be forthcoming from him/her/whatever.
It truly doesn’t say. It is typical vague language in which it can mean whatever the reader wants or not mean whatever the reader does not want. My own impression is that the government wanted to pump money into the economy and they really don’t care if it’s ever repaid.
Now in that spirit, I would think IWBF is totally justified and as he said, loss of revenue is not a requirement.

bacha29

And does it? In good faith?
Isn't this great of me bbsam? I would have felt really bad if you failed to take part in Fat Freddy's crowning achievement for which he labored (or should I say lobbied) all these years........An all volunteer workforce or something very close to it which is what PPP is......And I pointed you in that direction.

bbsam

Staff member
Isn't this great of me bbsam? I would have felt really bad if you failed to take part in Fat Freddy's crowning achievement for which he labored (or should I say lobbied) all these years........An all volunteer workforce or something very close to it which is what PPP is......And I pointed you in that direction.
So you think I should apply?