More Free Stuff Giveaways! College Welfare!

The big package

:censored2: boomers.
The boomers screwed their brains out in the 60's and 70's and then told their kids sex is dirty and dangerous.
The boomers did drugs like crazy and then told everyone else to "Just say no"
Boomers got their college paid for or at real low prices then told their kids the only way to be in the middle class was to go to college.
Boomers are going to bankrupt Social Security and then go "too bad, we got ours".
Well maybe boomers wanted to warn their kids about sexually transmitted diseases that will kill you in today's world , besides kids now don't even know whether they're male or female let alone have sex . And boomers worked and paid off their own school loans because it was a lot more affordable but now colleges are greedy and nobody wants to address that problem . And there are more people on drugs today than ever before in our country's history . Just check out the national overdose and death rates . Sorry to make your dissertation look so stupid !!!

newolddude

Well maybe boomers wanted to warn their kids about sexually transmitted diseases that will kill you in today's world , besides kids now don't even know whether they're male or female let alone have sex . And boomers worked and paid off their own school loans because it was a lot more affordable but now colleges are greedy and nobody wants to address that problem . And there are more people on drugs today than ever before in our country's history . Just check out the national overdose and death rates . Sorry to make your dissertation look so stupid !!!
Ok boomer.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Some group should challenge this in court. I hope they do
My theory is that this move was calculated by the White House. Provoke the GOP to be against people struggling to make ends meet with a bunch of old college debt hanging over their heads and end up looking like the bad guys.

I actually don’t know that the thing itself is a very smart political move without this 4D chess type of move.

Next Day Error

X - Other
I paid mine off years ago. Wasn’t much, maybe $12,000 all in? I remember plunking down $6,000 all in one swoop and feeling enormous freedom.

Since then I’ve kept that hard work and scrimp lifestyle and have accumulated a $300,000+ nest egg in my mid-30s.

I’m not angry at the policy, I just don’t know what it does to help the next unsuspecting group of kids not fall into the same trap. Maybe the word has gotten out now and college prices will start to stabilize. Dunno.

$10,000-$20,000 is pretty small potatoes. We give enormous tax breaks to major corporations all the time and I don’t hear the same consternation and gnashing of teeth around here.

upschuck

You're talking to a brick wall. The MAGAs here don't want more social workers or teachers. Those are liberal concepts.
I lean right, but if you pay people less, and it is an important necessity that is struggling to find people, I have no problem forgiving their loan debt, as long as they work in the field.

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I paid mine off years ago. Wasn’t much, maybe $12,000 all in? I remember plunking down $6,000 all in one swoop and feeling enormous freedom.

Since then I’ve kept that hard work and scrimp lifestyle and have accumulated a $300,000+ nest egg in my mid-30s.

I’m not angry at the policy, I just don’t know what it does to help the next unsuspecting group of kids not fall into the same trap. Maybe the word has gotten out now and college prices will start to stabilize. Dunno.

$10,000-$20,000 is pretty small potatoes. We give enormous tax breaks to major corporations all the time and I don’t hear the same consternation and gnashing of teeth around here.
Tax laws is different that paying off someone's personal loans.

Wally

I lean right, but if you pay people less, and it is an important necessity that is struggling to find people, I have no problem forgiving their loan debt, as long as they work in the field.
We already have that program. This ain't that.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If credit scores reflect one's ability to repay loans than anyone who receives a loan bailout will be getting screwed in the long run.
Good luck getting a lower rate for your next mortgage or car loan.

upschuck

We already have that program. This ain't that.
Thren all my teacher friends don't know about that program. They only know of one that you have to teach in the worst schools for many years to get them taken care of.

I'm not for blanket forgiveness, only targeted at those that are low paying, that society needs to function, degrees.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1661462214314.png

BrownFlush

The boomers screwed their brains out in the 60's and 70's
And we liked it.
The boomers did drugs like crazy
And we liked it.
Boomers got their college paid for or at real low prices
And we liked it.
Boomers are going to bankrupt Social Security and then go "too bad, we got ours".
And we love that.

Keep working loser.
We are the children of the greatest generation.
I'm proud to be a walking contradiction.

oldngray

nowhere special
Thren all my teacher friends don't know about that program. They only know of one that you have to teach in the worst schools for many years to get them taken care of.

I'm not for blanket forgiveness, only targeted at those that are low paying, that society needs to function, degrees.
When I was in college I would have only needed to take a couple of extra classes to get a teaching degree

Wally

Yea, the rat hole schools. Social work too.

Teacher in my parts do well. Grad school is paid for if you want that. I know a teacher making 130k a year.

BrownFlush

When I was in college I would have only needed to take a couple of extra classes to get a teaching degree
Never did like the system in America.
Maybe that's what's wrong now. If you teach, you have to love it, because you're on starvation wages.

Pay them. That way, you get quality people.
Great teachers end up at factories and driving trucks.