More gloom and doom..CS is tanking

Fullhouse

I'm not trying to suit my explanation. I'm just trying sift out the embellishments to better understand the intent as worded. Do sound sound so hatefull, remember it's us against them. At least that's what I thought?

Re-Raise

The UPS sense of entitlement, always comes shining through.

Thats why, no one considers UPS people.... "real" Teamsters.

Hey man....

You're mug'n my Bug. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Sense of entitlement???

You mean we feel entitled to the pension that our company has been contributing to as part of our compensation?

I feel "entitled" to some of the money that UPS has paid to the Teamsters on my behalf for the last 30 yrs.

The better question is why would someone working for a company that is not contributing to the pension expect to receive one?

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'm not trying to suit my explanation. I'm just trying sift out the embellishments to better understand the intent as worded. Do sound sound so hatefull, remember it's us against them. At least that's what I thought?

Not hateful. Just flabbergasted.

Removing words from a contract alters the language.

Here is why it was put in there. At age 65, UPS gets to offset, reduce the amount they pay you, the amount accrued in the CS plan prior to 2008.

If the language about reducing the CS pension by law was not in there, UPS would not have to match any reduction. While the wording is confusing to some, the reduction shall not be included in the offset, it means that UPS pays you any amount that CS reduces their portion.

You continue to receive your full pension no matter how much or how little CS cuts your pension.

upschuck

I think as we get in a couple more contracts, most people will not have any time in CSPF, and will vote to drop that provision.

Fullhouse

This will be my last post on this thread. I wasn't trying to reword the contract just trying to cut the fat and get to the meat. Anyhow this was sent to me last night from a fellow feeder driver in the upstate of South Carolina. I have no idea if pre '08 retirees will be helped.

"The IBT should be sending out a letter soon to confirm that the language on page 92 is there to protect those of us who have worked at least one hour in 2008 to present. Ups will make up the difference in the reduction . We will receive our full pension."
I m glad this has been settled I'm tired!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This will be my last post on this thread. I wasn't trying to reword the contract just trying to cut the fat and get to the meat. Anyhow this was sent to me last night from a fellow feeder driver in the upstate of South Carolina. I have no idea if pre '08 retirees will be helped.

"The IBT should be sending out a letter soon to confirm that the language on page 92 is there to protect those of us who have worked at least one hour in 2008 to present. Ups will make up the difference in the reduction . We will receive our full pension."
I m glad this has been settled I'm tired!

The flipside of this coin is that according to the Pension Relief Act, UPS retirees may not even see a cut for UPS to have to make up.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Got 2 new mailings today titled "Annual Funding Notice".
First is for "The UPS/IBT Full-Time Employee Pension Plan". 103% funded

Second is my UPS Retirement Plan which is funded at 87%.
Geez ... just got another letter.
This Third one is for the "Central States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Pension Plan.
Funded Percentage = 48%

I think
First is for my part-timer hourly years
Next is for my UPS Management years
and
Last is for my UPS Driver years.

tireknocker

This is why the orphans will get cut the most followed by the likes of YCR who have been paying in but not the full amount. By doing it this way UPS hopes they will never have to pay the CS portion. The 2 billion is on top of the the 6 billion they paid to get out of CS.

rod

Retired 22 years
Geez ... just got another letter.
This Third one is for the "Central States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Pension Plan.
Funded Percentage = 48%

I think
First is for my part-timer hourly years
Next is for my UPS Management years
and
Last is for my UPS Driver years.

I would like to have the money the union will spend for postage over the next year sending out gloom and doom letters.