More gloom and doom..CS is tanking

O

OLDMAN3

The UPS sense of entitlement, always comes shining through.

Thats why, no one considers UPS people.... "real" Teamsters.
-Bug-
What a joke!

Who shows up at the meetings...a lot of brown.
Who pays higher dues...brown teamsters.
Who is the employer who for decades kept the union afloat?

UPSers my have a sense of entitlement, but it is with good reason. Remember it is Big Brown who pays the bills.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The operative term.... is called denial.

You're barking up the wrong tree, bug.

I'm not one of those arrogant UPSers that say we are the union. The Teamsters would probably survive without UPS, but they would be hurting.

You, on the other hand, rely on UPS for a job. So you must be in denial.

UPS is the biggest employer of the Teamsters. UPS is 1/5 of the union. Without UPS, do you know how many locals would have to consolidate. Your job would become redundant.

Go back to your previous job, whether it was freight or whatever.

Who else has ??

Kroger is about to.
Sysco?
Republic Services?

Plus all the companies who are current on their payments....ABF?

I'm sure as a big union guy you can get a list.

The orphans, are the first in line.

Didn't we already agree on that ?

Can't you read, bug?

I said the orphans are first in line, agreed, but they should also be last in line. Meaning the cuts should stop with them.

They are collecting a pension that their company never paid for. I feel bad for them, but I am sorry if the truth hurts.

There you go, with that UPS crap again.

Unless.... you have someone else in mind.

Careful bug. Your job depends on UPS. Remember losing 1/5 of the Teamsters and all the locals having to consolidate?

Everybody, wishes they could be me.

You're pretty cocky, aren't ya'

You are now moved to the top of the list.

I'm honored, I think????

RealPerson

Two Major Recessions? Might need a NEW fund manager, because the stock market is the highest it has ever been....

I see this as a scare tactic to take everyone's raises to help the fund, Plus keep in mind the $1 raise every year the union is getting for health and pension...

The part about UPS covering any short falls, Kiss that good bye in the next contract!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Who shows up at the meetings...a lot of brown.

That's good to hear.

Where is that ? Not anywhere near me.

Who pays higher dues...brown teamsters.

That doesn't change the dues structure.

Everyone pays the same percentage.

UPS members pay more.... because they make more.

UPSers may have a sense of entitlement, but it is with good reason.

It's because, they are better Teamsters.

Got it.

You're pretty cocky, aren't ya'

That is confidence.

When you deal with UPS's "best and brightest".... (which isn't much)

Cockiness, will only get members discharged.

Food for thought.

-Bug-

O

OLDMAN3

That's good to hear.

That doesn't change the dues structure.

Everyone pays the same percentage.

UPS members pay more.... because they make more.

-Bug-
Not quite (from Teamster.org)...
"Teamsters Union dues are 2.5 times the hourly wage rate per month. For example, if you make $12 an hour, your dues would be $30 per month. However, if you make less than $11 an hour, then your dues rate is 2 times your hourly rate. And if you are a public sector employee, your dues rate is 2.25 times your hourly rate."

By the way, why do public sector employees pay 2.25 x their hourly rate rather than 2.5 x? I imagine public sector Teamsters have a higher rate of pay than the average Teamster (excluding us not "real Teamsters" at UPS).

Last edited by a moderator:

Fullhouse

-Bug-[/QUOTE]
Page 206 of the Teamsters Central Region and UNITED PARCEL SERVICE Supplemental Agreement to the NATIONAL MASTER UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AGREEMENT.

"The UPS/IBT Plan will recognize full-time service in the CS Plan for determining eligibility for the benefits in this section and will offset at Normal Retirement Age the benefits accrued from the CS Plan commencing at Normal Retirement Age. If the benefit paid from the CS Plan is reduced as permitted or required by law, the amount of such reduction shall not be included in this offset."

I take it as the offset is the amount that Central States pays when we get 65.

If you take out the language between "will" and "and" you can then understand who will be paying the "offset"

"The UPS/IBT Plan will offset at Normal Retirement Age the benefits accrued from the CS Plan commencing at Normal Retirement Age.
So this tells me that UPS pays the "offset" and if you read the last portion of the paragraph. It states

"If the benefit paid from the CS Plan is reduced as permitted or required by law, the amount of such reduction shall not be included in this offset."
Again "offset" is is described as something payed by UPS.

Not quite (from Teamster.org)...
"Teamsters Union dues are 2.5 times the hourly wage rate per month. For example, if you make $12 an hour, your dues would be $30 per month. However, if you make less than $11 an hour, then your dues rate is 2 times your hourly rate. And if you are a public sector employee, your dues rate is 2.25 times your hourly rate."

By the way, why do public sector employees pay 2.25 x their hourly rate rather than 2.5 x? I imagine public sector Teamsters have a higher rate of pay than the average Teamster (excluding us not "real Teamsters" at UPS).
Many years ago public sector employees were paid much less than private sector employees with no OT. They are given comp time off instead of the extra pay.

RealPerson

Why are people talking about Union DUES? Union Dues have Nothing (almost) to do with the pension or health.

Union dues go to pay your local's salary and things like that only.
UPS pays an agreed amount per hour per person to Health and Pension.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If you take out the language between "will" and "and" you can then understand who will be paying the "offset"

"The UPS/IBT Plan will offset at Normal Retirement Age the benefits accrued from the CS Plan commencing at Normal Retirement Age.
So this tells me that UPS pays the "offset" and if you read the last portion of the paragraph. It states

"If the benefit paid from the CS Plan is reduced as permitted or required by law, the amount of such reduction shall not be included in this offset."
Again "offset" is is described as something payed by UPS.

You just want to change the language so it suites your explanation.

Hell, let's just remove the whole clause and UPS pays nothing.

How about removing the whole contract?

Did you see Feeder101 and upschuck's link?

it sums up in one word what I've been telling you...YES!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Got 2 new mailings today titled "Annual Funding Notice".
One is for "The UPS/IBT Full-Time Employee Pension Plan". 103% funded

My UPS Retirement Plan is funded at 87%.

Last edited:
IMG_20150428_190344.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150501_152147594_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150501_152147594_HDR.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 138