More white vans and UPS scams

okay - tryin to follow along - seems like we have more of a problem with the brown people driving the white vans than the white vans. I have to ask: what difference does the race of the race of the driver make?

menotyou

bella amicizia
And let me add this- I didn't point to one person as you did. Most management at UPS is morally and ethically challenged. It has been practically proven again and again in threads all over this site.

Example A- Mechanic fired for whistle blowing at center in NY.

Why don't you address how management fired a mechanic for taking trucks with broken frames off the road.
NYS Attorney General determined that the frames were broke after the NYS Troopers pulled a truck over and examined it.

Note: I was not involved so this isn't JUST ABOUT ME.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm sorry. My posting on this thread was more an inside joke about ethics than anything. I'm not ev.en with UPS, nor am I a business lawyer

moreluck

golden ticket member
"........practically proven again and again in threads all over this site........"

I think you would have to consider the percentage of UPS people on this site and the amount of total UPS people. I think the opinions here are a very small percentage of people and some of them with an ax to grind.

menotyou

bella amicizia
These two quotes taken together explains a lot about your other comments.
That may be. I am not you and have no idea how you rationalize things. That being said, all my experiences at UPS have created the comments you see. When you take snip-its of things you don't get the whole picture.
I didn't come here to find friends, nothing against it, but the only reason I even looked for anything like a "Brown Cafe" was because of certain conditions at my workplace. I have become cynical by the way I and others I work with have been treated by our managers. Whether they are in our building or work elsewhere doesn't seem to change the way certain people who might attempt to stand up to them get treated.
I don't enjoy when a dog is being kicked, same as I don't enjoy when an employee is bullied just because the managers can.
If you claim that does not occur, then you area liar.
The mentality it takes to intentionally inflict pain on someone just to see them squirm is not a state of mind I would ever want.

As for the "business lawyer" post, I fear that was a thinly veiled attempt to poke me more than anyone here would understand. And for reasons of anonymity, I will not explicate further. I could be wrong, as I see boogeymen everywhere. I wish I wasn't so jaded, but I guess that is an unfortunate part of life that one should never experience.

menotyou

bella amicizia
"........practically proven again and again in threads all over this site........"

I think you would have to consider the percentage of UPS people on this site and the amount of total UPS people. I think the opinions here are a very small percentage of people and some of them with an ax to grind.

That may be true. It can be proven by walking through the door of my center and talking to the former safety committee.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Your screen name "menotyou" would suggest you do seem to think it is all about you, no?

It was me, not "you", who was almost fired for something I didn't do.
It was me, not "you", who sitting out while "you" were still working, even though, it was "you" who through the packages in the woods.

That is the beginning of the story of how I came up with the screen name and why I ever even looked for anything resembling 'Brown Cafe'.
I didn't want to use anything I had used before.
It was not intended to be my mantra.

worldwide

I have the same thing going on in my area. I deliver and pick up at an Ann Taylor Store in San Leandro, Ca. I bring mostly supplies like bags and boxes for the store that come from a supplier called DDS. Another truck delivers the store merchandise, and guess what? It's a white piece of crap with a Latin American driver and all of the freight has UPS Ground 1Z barcodes. The company is called Integrity Retail Distribution from Union City Ca. This is UPS Logistics operation and remember we love logistics, but I hate seeing my Teamster brothers on the layoff list. We are going back 5 years on the layoff list this week. Funny thing is I mention the goings on to management and then boom, I have 65 packages in my car and it's the same kind of packages that IRD has been delivering every Monday and Friday. The store employees were concerned about mixing up the boxes with the ones already there. What a Cluster friend%@#. Maybe we could hand over the Wells Fargo account and see how the bank would respond to plain clothes employees wanting access behind the bulletproof glass. Jim Casey is probably rolling over in his grave. Anyways we have a grievance coming out of Local 70 on this and will keep the board posted.

Can you post a link to show this company is part of UPS as you claim?

According to the company bio, they are privately owned. Their CEO Brad Garberich, was the CEO of APX Logistics but they filed for Chapter 11 in 2006. Perhaps they are delivering packages that another company shipped to them as maybe they are warehousing their product? There are hundreds of companies like this in the country--pretty common. Is every 3rd party warehouse/3PL run by UPS? Of course not. Not sure what this has to do with UPS or UPS Mail Innovations.

oakland

I made no claim that IRD is part of Mail Innovations but I suspect they are some part of UPS logistics since the packages have UPS Ground 1Z barcode labels addressed to the store where the packages are delivered. The labels are exactly like the ones used on packages in my package car that I see every day. They are not some seudo Basic, U.S. Mail combo looking label. What other company would use a UPS Ground 1Z barcode label to route packages from point A to point B? I have always thought UPS Ground is proprietary to the UPS Brown System not any one else.