movie review

rod

Retired 22 years
Watched "The 5th Wave" tonight. Had a code for a free Red Box movie. Was worth exactly what I paid for it ----nothing---terrible movie.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched Barnacle Bill this morning. Great old flick with Wallace Beery and Marjorie Main (Ma Kettle) Bothe were born I the late 1800's and did about when I was born or so.
Stories moved along then. Bill got a job on a fish boat, but the viewer didn't have to go with him through any hiring or training process.
No commercial interruption.

oldngray

nowhere special
Watched Barnacle Bill this morning. Great old flick with Wallace Beery and Marjorie Main (Ma Kettle) Bothe were born I the late 1800's and did about when I was born or so.
Stories moved along then. Bill got a job on a fish boat, but the viewer didn't have to go with him through any hiring or training process.
No commercial interruption.

I saw that movie was on TCM but I didn't watch it. I have seen it before. It was made in 1941 but has the feel of something more from early to mid 30's. The movie isn't anything special but worth watching if nothing else is on.

I watch a lot of TCM in large part due to the lack of commercials. So many of the other stations have so many commercials the movies are almost unwatchable.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I saw that movie was on TCM but I didn't watch it. I have seen it before. It was made in 1941 but has the feel of something more from early to mid 30's. The movie isn't anything special but worth watching if nothing else is on.

I watch a lot of TCM in large part due to the lack of commercials. So many of the other stations have so many commercials the movies are almost unwatchable.
That's why I dvr a lot.....I can fast forward through any commercials. America's Got Talent is a good example of a lot of commercials and just plain silliness when all I want to see is the acts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tonight we watched The Sting. It's been years since I'd seen it in it's entirety. Everyone big
in that movie is dead now, 'cept Redford. It was really good and I enjoyed the Rockwell drawings introducing each new part of the movie.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "Saved"......"When a girl attending a Christian high school becomes pregnant, she finds herself ostracized and demonized, as all of her former friends turn on her."
Crappy movie, but there was nothing on TV that was any good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched Krampus last night. It was like the adult version of The Grinch. The snow scenes were cooling on a warm evening.
It was rated 6.3 out of a possible 10.....I'd give it a 5.0.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just finished watching "That's Entertainment" (1974) a history of MGM musicals on TCM and no commercial interruption.

They covered hundreds of stars....when there really were stars. I only think 2 of them are still alive today...Liza Minelli and Debbie Reynolds..

The stars of today like the Brangelina and Clooney and Roberts etc...aren't the caliber of stars with talent like Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly and Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney to name a few..

It was a thoroughly entertaining 2:15 hrs of musical history.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't trust these extremely abbreviated plot explanations.....

The Shining- A family's first Airbnb experience goes very wrong.
Titanic- Everyone tries the ice bucket challenge.
The Lord of the Rings- Group spends nine hours returning jewelry.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched 'London Has Fallen'. If you like action movies this was much better than its 5.9 rating out of 10. Both hubby and I really enjoyed it and it was jam packed with shooting, stabbing, car chases, plane crashes, etc.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented 'Triple 9' last night. Ejected it at about 20 mins. It was too hard to follow , especially when it's too dark to recognize faces and who's doing what or who.

rod

Retired 22 years
We just watched 'London Has Fallen'. If you like action movies this was much better than its 5.9 rating out of 10. Both hubby and I really enjoyed it and it was jam packed with shooting, stabbing, car chases, plane crashes, etc.

Sounds like one I have to get for the Grandkids

moreluck

golden ticket member
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2......as usual the second is never as good as the first.
Nia V. is a one-hit wonder from Akron Ohio....that's it, you're done!

KOG72

I’m full of it
Saw the new Ghostbusters movie was not as good as the first two.I would give this movie a 3 out of 10,just about walked out but I like Kate McKinnon .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sharknado 4...........Ian gets a steady paycheck with this series of movies.

It's a 'cult thing' and everybody wants a cameo in one. Kardashians won't stoop so low???

After having seen 4 of them, I'm compelled to see them all as they come out.