movie review

oldngray

nowhere special
Sharknado 4...........Ian gets a steady paycheck with this series of movies.

It's a 'cult thing' and everybody wants a cameo in one. Kardashians won't stoop so low???

After having seen 4 of them, I'm compelled to see them all as they come out.

Those movies continue to delude Tara Reid into thinking she is a movie star instead of just a train wreck.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I mentioned watching Sharknado 4....crazy old Gary Busey......well, today I watched my dvr of The Buddy Holly Story. Gary did a fine job on that movie.

He became the poster child for wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched Criminal with Kevin Costner. It was pretty good. I'd compare it to Face Off , only involving a brain instead of a face.

"In a last-ditch effort to stop a diabolical plot, a dead CIA operative's memories, secrets, and skills are implanted into a death-row inmate in hopes that he will complete the operative's mission."

moreluck

golden ticket member
I Am Wrath with John Travolta.
"A man is out for justice after a group of corrupt police officers are unable to catch his wife's killer."

Rebecca De Mornay was in it too. I have not seen her since Hand That Rocked the Cradle. It was pretty good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just watched Mother's Day.

Storyline
Follows the lives of different mothers on Mothers Day. Sandy (Aniston) is happily divorced, until she finds out her ex-husband eloped with a much younger woman. Now she must learn to deal with big changes in her life as her two boys now have a step-mom. Sisters Jesse (Hudson) and Gabi (Chalke) get an unexpected surprise from their mother, who is not happy to find out Gabi is a lesbian and Jesse is married to a man of color. Miranda (Roberts) doesn't have any kids and is focusing on her career. Kristin (Robertson) is enjoying life as a new mother but is feeling pressure from her boyfriend to get married. Bradley (Sudeikis) is trying hard to be the best parent for his two girls since their mom passed away last year, however his idea of Mothers Day is pretending it doesn't exist at all.

It was about 30 mins too long!

oldngray

nowhere special
I just watched Mother's Day.

Storyline
Follows the lives of different mothers on Mothers Day. Sandy (Aniston) is happily divorced, until she finds out her ex-husband eloped with a much younger woman. Now she must learn to deal with big changes in her life as her two boys now have a step-mom. Sisters Jesse (Hudson) and Gabi (Chalke) get an unexpected surprise from their mother, who is not happy to find out Gabi is a lesbian and Jesse is married to a man of color. Miranda (Roberts) doesn't have any kids and is focusing on her career. Kristin (Robertson) is enjoying life as a new mother but is feeling pressure from her boyfriend to get married. Bradley (Sudeikis) is trying hard to be the best parent for his two girls since their mom passed away last year, however his idea of Mothers Day is pretending it doesn't exist at all.

It was about 30 mins too long!

Chick Flick :halfdead:

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched Eye in the Sky...
"Col. Katherine Powell, a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists in Kenya, sees her mission escalate when a girl enters the kill zone triggering an international dispute over the implications of modern warfare."

It was pretty tense and very nerve wracking probably accurately showing the BS that the good guys have to deal with in bombings.
Good movie!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Last night we put in a movie to watch........'The Boss' with Melissa Mccarthy. I saw the first 5 mins of it and was sound asleep 'til the very end. I recommend it for a least an hour and a half nap!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched 'The Other Side of the Door'. (horror)

"After her young son is killed in a tragic accident, a woman learns of a ritual which will bring him back to say goodbye, but when she disobeys a sacred warning, she upsets the balance between life and death."

It was pretty scary!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We put on "Precious Cargo" with Bruce Willis. I fell asleep in my recliner at 5:30 and when I woke up it was past midnight. I hear the movie was lousy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You seem to be falling asleep a lot during movies lately:-)
I fall asleep very early and I sometimes am done sleeping and it's the same day. Weird!! I also think that better movies might make a difference.
I like Bruce Willis, but he's way past his Die Hard days!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today we rented the new Jungle Book. They kept showing the trailer on TV and the computer generated animals looked incredible.
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was really, really good.
I missed the music of the earlier one. This one still had Bare Necessities by Baloo (Bill Murray). and King Louie sang I want a be like you (Christopher Walken).
If you have kids you can watch it with them and actually enjoy it too.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Today we rented the new Jungle Book. They kept showing the trailer on TV and the computer generated animals looked incredible.
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was really, really good.
I missed the music of the earlier one. This one still had Bare Necessities by Baloo (Bill Murray). and King Louie sang I want a be like you (Christopher Walken).
If you have kids you can watch it with them and actually enjoy it too.
I thought this was a good movie also,saw it in 3D

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched The 5th Wave. It was OK. I thought parts of it were slow, but over all it was entertaining.

Storyline
Four waves of increasingly deadly attacks have left most of Earth in ruin. Against a backdrop of fear and distrust, Cassie is on the run, desperately trying to save her younger brother. As she prepares for the inevitable and lethal fifth wave, Cassie teams up with a young man who may become her final hope - if she can only trust him

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched Money Monster with George Clooney and Julia Roberts.

Storyline
In the real-time, high stakes thriller Money Monster, George Clooney and Julia Roberts star as financial TV host Lee Gates and his producer Patty, who are put in an extreme situation when an irate investor who has lost everything (Jack O'Connell) forcefully takes over their studio. During a tense standoff broadcast to millions on live TV, Lee and Patty must work furiously against the clock to unravel the mystery behind a conspiracy at the heart of today's fast-paced, high-tech global markets.

It was pretty tense. Those 2 still work well together.

moreluck

golden ticket member
2a02f07a2e034020f04a5c5f5e825d51.jpg