movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's St. Patrick's Day and we rented Bad Santa 2. I know it only had one star. I actually liked it!!

"Fueled by cheap whiskey, greed and hatred, Willie teams up once again with his angry little sidekick, Marcus, to knock off a Chicago charity on Christmas Eve."

I'm ready for Bad Santa 3 now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Patriot's Day was really good. Mark Wahlburg was good in it too. Peter Berg has come a long way from his role on Chicago Hope. (director now)

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Patriot's Day was really good. Mark Wahlburg was good in it too. Peter Berg has come a long way from his role on Chicago Hope. (director now)
first time i saw berg was in aspen extreme, one of my favorites. i thought, this goof is a director? good actor too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This afternoon we watched 'The Founder'. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I remember the first McDonalds that opened near my home.......on State Rd in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio.

"The story of Ray Kroc, a salesman who turned two brothers' innovative fast food eatery, McDonald's, into one of the biggest restaurant businesses in the world with a combination of ambition, persistence, and ruthlessness."

It was interesting learning about the history of the place.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
This afternoon we watched 'The Founder'. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I remember the first McDonalds that opened near my home.......on State Rd in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio.

"The story of Ray Kroc, a salesman who turned two brothers' innovative fast food eatery, McDonald's, into one of the biggest restaurant businesses in the world with a combination of ambition, persistence, and ruthlessness."

I wanted to see thay one. I'll have to see if its on Netflix

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

We watched it last night, and really liked it. Never knew what an all around SOB Kroc was. Not just in business.

moreluck

golden ticket member
War on Everyone
"Two corrupt cops set out to blackmail and frame every criminal unfortunate enough to cross their path. Events, however, are complicated by the arrival of someone who appears to be even more dangerous than they are."

Hated it!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched 'Allied'. It was very good.

"In 1942, a Canadian intelligence officer in North Africa encounters a female French Resistance fighter on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. When they reunite in London, their relationship is tested by the pressures of war."

It starred Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard. I think that was the girl that Brad cheated with that maybe caused Angelina and Brad to break up. Thanks Marion!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched 'Why Him". It could've been a good and funny movie.....great premise, but way too long.

"Over the holidays, Ned (Bryan Cranston), an overprotective but loving dad and his family visit his daughter at Stanford, where he meets his biggest nightmare: her well-meaning but socially awkward Silicon Valley millionaire boyfriend, Laird (James Franco). The rivalry develops,and Ned's panic level goes through the roof when he finds himself lost in this glamorous high-tech world and learns that Laird is about to pop the question."

It had it's funny moments, but strung out too far apart.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Almost watched "The Shelter". We were 20 minutes into it and it was going nowhere, fast!! Awful.
Big Bang re-runs were the better choice.

rod

Retired 22 years
Almost watched "The Shelter". We were 20 minutes into it and it was going nowhere, fast!! Awful.
Big Bang re-runs were the better choice.

I watch BB re-runs all the time. That show cracks me up. My wife gets mad when I compare my son-in-law with Sheldon. He's totally Sheldon but the wife won't admit it. His mother saved EVERY school paper, Every toy, every piece of clothing he ever wore and he's hung on to them even after she passed away. (storage locker) His walk in closet is arranged by color and everything is hung up in neat rows. He has just about every tool imaginable but they are all still in the factory boxes and blister packs. (he wouldn't know how to use a screwdriver if it bit him). He's a computer/gaming geek from the word go. Don't get me wrong--- I like him (he treats my daughter and grandkids very good) but he is a "Sheldon".

oldngray

nowhere special
I watch BB re-runs all the time. That show cracks me up. My wife gets mad when I compare my son-in-law with Sheldon. He's totally Sheldon but the wife won't admit it. His mother saved EVERY school paper, Every toy, every piece of clothing he ever wore and he's hung on to them even after she passed away. (storage locker) His walk in closet is arranged by color and everything is hung up in neat rows. He has just about every tool imaginable but they are all still in the factory boxes and blister packs. (he wouldn't know how to use a screwdriver if it bit him). He's a computer/gaming geek from the word go. Don't get me wrong--- I like him (he treats my daughter and grandkids very good) but he is a "Sheldon".

He's gay too?