movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched 'The Ticket'.
"A blind man who regains his vision finds himself becoming metaphorically blinded by his obsession for the superficial."

It did not go in the direction I was thinking it would. Lousy writing!! Don't waste money on this one,

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented Blackcoat's Daughter......I remember the first 5 minutes and I slept through the rest. Lazyboy beats movie!! It was looking pretty bad.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched (again) Disney's Pollyanna (1960). Hayley Mills was a favorite of mine. She's about my age and I wanted to be her when I was like 10 or so. That British accent was so neat. It was entertaining to watch it again. Most everyone in it (adults) are dead now....Agnes Moorehead, Karl Malden, Richard Egan, Adolph Menjou, Jane Wyman etc.

oldngray

nowhere special
I watched (again) Disney's Pollyanna (1960). Hayley Mills was a favorite of mine. She's about my age and I wanted to be her when I was like 10 or so. That British accent was so neat. It was entertaining to watch it again. Most everyone in it (adults) are dead now....Agnes Moorehead, Karl Malden, Richard Egan, Adolph Menjou, Jane Wyman etc.

Disney movies were a lot different then. Not like the train wrecks they turned into. I never cared much for their animated movies but the others were good clean family entertainment.

rod

Retired 22 years
I saw John Wick 2 the other night. Garbage------2 hours of JW killing 100's of stupid bad guys who just jumped out in front of him. It actually got boring watching Super Wick do his thing. It needed more T & A or something.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched Get Out......

"Get Out is a 2017 American horror film[2][3][4] written, co-produced and directed by Jordan Peele, in his directorial debut. The film stars Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, Bradley Whitford, Caleb Landry Jones, Stephen Root, LaKeith Stanfield and Catherine Keener, and follows a young interracial couple who visit the mysterious estate of the woman's parents.

Get Out premiered at Sundance Film Festival on January 24, 2017, and was theatrically released in the United States on February 24 by Universal Pictures.[5] The film has grossed $251 million worldwide against its $4.5 million budget and received universal acclaim from critics and audiences alike."

I liked it......horror /mystery

over9five

Staff member
"Arrival"

We started watching this on a cruise a while back, but it started raining.
Anyhow, rented it last weekend. Liked it a lot, but maybe not immediately. Weird twist in it, you needed to think about it for a while afterward...

moreluck

golden ticket member
We had a cable outage for a couple of hours, so we watched some movies on VHS tapes.......Baker Boys & Angels Falls.

"Four Newton brothers are a poor farmer family in the 1920s. The oldest of them, Willis, one day realizes that there's no future in the fields and offers his brothers to become a bank robbers. Soon the family agrees. They become very famous robbers, and five years later execute the greatest train robbery in American history." Written by Anonymous. Matthew M. was great. Good movie.

"A witness (Heather Locklear) to murder questions her sanity after a sheriff can find no evidence of the crime." Heather Locklear. It was OK.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched CHIPS. I liked it. I like Dax Shepard from seeing him on Parenthood. I expected it to be dumb & silly, but it was funny in parts and I like the little bit of slapstick too.

"A rookie officer is teamed with a hardened pro at the California Highway Patrol, though the newbie soon learns his partner is really an undercover Fed investigating a heist that may involve some crooked cops"

moreluck

golden ticket member
A Cure For Wellness....

"An ambitious young executive is sent to retrieve his company's CEO from an idyllic but mysterious "wellness center" at a remote location in the Swiss Alps, but soon suspects that the spa's treatments are not what they seem."
I thought it would be a weird movie, but I kind of like it. It was a long one...2 hour 26 mins.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Django Unchained.....

I liked it very much. It's long....2 hour 45 mins. but it kept my interest. I dvr'd it off of regular TV so it was full of "bleeps".

"With the help of a German bounty hunter , a freed slave sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner.'

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched "The Belko Experiment". I found it relevant since we were recently posting about implanting a chip into employees. This movie is the reason you don't want to do that. I thoroughly enjoyed this film. There were a few people in it that I recognized from other shows......what's that guy's name again and where do I know him from?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented and watched "Kong, Skull Island". I have watched every Kong since Fay Wray and I had to see this one too. Kong never leaves his Skull Island. It was OK, but not as good as the one with Jack Black in it. Even Mighty Joe Young is better.

KOG72

I’m full of it
IMG_6328.JPG
Saw this yesterday with my nephew don't waste your money.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented & watched "Going in Style". Liked it. I especially enjoyed the music throughout it....Eartha Kitt singing "What a Difference a Day Makes".

Ann Margaret at 76....where has the time gone?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Undercover Grandpa". It's really sad when the "old guys think they are still movie stars. Sonny Corleone was a one time thing!!
This movie was about a half hour too long.

moreluck

golden ticket member
American Reunion was on last night.......Eugene Levy's eyebrows make me laugh.
The "one time at band camp" girl is Jim's wife in this reunion. It was lame and funny.

oldngray

nowhere special
American Reunion was on last night.......Eugene Levy's eyebrows make me laugh.
The "one time at band camp" girl is Jim's wife in this reunion. It was lame and funny.

Levy must be about the only one of that bunch of comedians who is still alive and kicking.