movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just watched "Bee Season" with Richard Gere.

Ok, "Bee Season"......STUNK !!!!!

What the :censored2: was Richard Gere thinking when he read this script?? !!

Does he forget what a good script reads like ? Hey Richard, remember "Pretty Woman"? Remember "Officer and a Gentleman"? Remember "Chicago."...not so long ago?? What the hell were you drinking or smoking when you chose this film??

OK, just my opinion. I call'em like I see 'em !! :thumbdown

moreluck

golden ticket member
Finally got around to watching Brokeback Mountain. Too embarrassing to go to the theater and pay real money to see it.....you know, popcorn and all.

Got to admit the scenery was breathtaking.

Two males longing for each other when there was plenty of sheep available was just not a turn on for me. I understand people loving other people, but leave out the sex part or leave it to our own imaginations. I'm glad it didn't win an Oscar.

It's worth renting.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Saw the movie "Derailed" with Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston. I was pleasantly surprised with a real plot. If you liked Fatal Attraction, you might like this one. Only there are more dire consequences in this one.

The movie is a little slow the first 20 mins. or so, but pulls you in. Nice to see Jennifer in a non-Rachel role.

Worth the rental fee. :thumbup1:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Memoirs of a Geisha. I basically liked the movie. I had a hard time hearing what was said in the Japanese accent with the English languag......or else my hearing is really going fast. I had the volume all the way up for this one.

Reminds me of the Japanese version of Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, sans singing.

:thumbup1:

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Jarhead" was not your typical "war movie". It portayed a lot of the boredom the soldiers experience waiting to go into battle. It was Gulf War-era. I'm not a big fan of war movies, but I did stay awake for the whole movie......and that's really saying something.

You can toss a coin......movie rental fee or frappucino. Pick your poison.

moreluck

golden ticket member
King Kong.....a big 3+ hours that flew by. Loved the special effects....especially the dinosaur stampede. Jack Black is great as Carl Dennim (sp). Sticks real close to the original movie. I recommend it for a family night with lots of popcorn & milk duds. Not too young though, don't want any nightmares.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Capote

The actor won the oscar. He did a great job of portraying this queer little man. I remember seeing Truman Capote as a guest on talk shows. Phillip Seymour Hoffman had him down pat!

The story is about Capote writing his novel, In Cold Blood. It chronicles his 6 years working on this book about a murder in a small town in Kansas and his interviews with the 2 murderers.

In Cold Blood was made into a movie with Robert Blake playing one of the killers.......hmmmmm?

I digress, I think it's worth the rental fee just to see Hoffman's portrayal.

over9five

Staff member
Re-watched The Chronicles of Riddick last night. Vin Diesel rocks. However, now that he's in charge of the Necromongers (you keep what you kill), whats next?

Oh yeah, see Pitch Black first. It happens 5 years before Chronicles.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I finally watched "Walk The Line" the other night. I never considered myself a Country Music fan, but in no time my feet and my wife's were tapping! This movie is about the early life of Johnny Cash and June Carter. Joaquin Phoenix did a great job as Cash, but was out-done by Reese Witherspoon's portrayal of June Carter Cash. They both sang using their actual voices, no lip-syncing here. This is a must-see movie if you havn't seen it yet, too bad Hollywood can't make more like this. I think I will go out and get a Johnny Cash CD.....:thumbup1:

DS

Fenderbender
I used to love comic books,but there was never a super hero movie made that came close to capturing the emotions and feelings of the characters.
Every superman movie stank.Every batman movie did too until they made
batman returns.I know it wasn`t a box office hit but I really enjoyed the
fantastic four...the humour... the excitement...the action...it had it all.

Channahon

With summertime being a big season for movie releases, I thought a thread on movie reviews might be fun.

Took the grandkids and their friends to see Shrek the Third on Memorial Day, just as good as the other Shrek movies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched "Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg. It was very good & tense.

That old Markie Mark has come a long way since his droopy drawers days !!.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Also watched "Primeval" tonight. It was pretty intense.......not the comical "Lake Placid" croc. story. It showed a lot of the violence going on in Africa today.....plus a true croc. story.

seachange

Finally got around to watching Brokeback Mountain. Too embarrassing to go to the theater and pay real money to see it.....you know, popcorn and all.

Got to admit the scenery was breathtaking.

Two males longing for each other when there was plenty of sheep available was just not a turn on for me. I understand people loving other people, but leave out the sex part or leave it to our own imaginations. I'm glad it didn't win an Oscar.

It's worth renting.

Moreluck, FYI, brokeback mtn won 4 oscars that year. just not picture of the year.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched "The Messengers". It's suppose to be spooky, but it was just things that made you jump........not really very good.

Miss Victoria

I liked the fantastic four even though I wasn't familiar with the comic. DS Are you going to see the second one? I liked X-Men too, the second one wasn't bad but havn't bothered with the third....something about killing off most of the main characters seems to be the cheap ending these days.

Last edited: