Moving violation

My friend is currently looking for work and I recommended that he apply to either FedEx or UPS. He sounded very interested until he brought up that he was in a minor car accident. From what I understand, he was pulling out of a parking space, misjudged the distance from the car next to him and tore the front bumper off. Is this considered a moving violation, you know, the one you can’t have in the last 12 months? Thanks!

My friend got into a minor accident in a parking lot, and was trying to get a job at FedEx/UPS. Is this considered a moving violation? From my understanding, a MV includes speeding, texting/driving etc. i don’t remember hearing accidents falling into this category.

Dough99

My friend is currently looking for work and I recommended that he apply to either FedEx or UPS. He sounded very interested until he brought up that he was in a minor car accident. From what I understand, he was pulling out of a parking space, misjudged the distance from the car next to him and tore the front bumper off. Is this considered a moving violation, you know, the one you can’t have in the last 12 months? Thanks!
It’s peak season.They are desperate..js

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My friend got into a minor accident in a parking lot, and was trying to get a job at FedEx/UPS. Is this considered a moving violation? From my understanding, a MV includes speeding, texting/driving etc. i don’t remember hearing accidents falling into this category.
Private property. No cops involved, right?

Private property. No cops involved, right?

The cops were involved. I think he said he was ticketed for careless driving. It was a shopping center and the woman who’s car he hit called them.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They can't drive for a year but working inside to get some skin in the game and a safe spot on the union transfer list wont hurt anymore than simply deciding to work at UPS in the first place.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You call this minor?

giphy.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I think this will start to depend on where you are, much like anything else at UPS. I have already heard two seasonals say that UPS HR is “working” with them and the accidents they have had on their licenses. We can’t find people right now here.