MRA (Market Rate Adjustment) Raise Exceptions

wilberforce15

Who’s anti union? It is what it is.

Part timers get screwed because they don’t vote. And I get tired of hearing them bitch and moan about what they don’t have but still refuse to get involved, fight and vote on contracts.

We are the Union. If the part timers don’t want to participate, don’t want to fight for themselves, don’t want to vote on contracts, they will be left behind.

And every contract, history repeats itself. Only the part timers can break the cycle.
Part timers can't break the cycle. They're working their third jobs during union meetings.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
OZ wants a $20 starting wage. So I guess all of you uneducated boomers can't vote for them.

The way things are going 20 dollars by 2023 will be the new country’s minimum wage.

I started in “77” starting hourly rate was 5 bucks.. that was 2 1/2 times more than the nation’s minimum wage of 2 bucks an hour at that time.

542thruNthru

OZ wants a $20 starting wage. So I guess all of you uneducated boomers can't vote for them.
Hell, I don't think we'll even have to negotiate and we'll get a $20 starting wage. UPS seems to be hurting in a lot of areas for PTers. Question is will there be a catch up raise?

cachmeifucan

It probably had everything to do with the unemployment benefits that ends now or very soon. So if you lived in a blue state or in or around a major city those people maybe only ones that got it. I really would love to know who the heck came up with that saying and the criteria because its different all over. Its 24 a hour for sunrise and night sort and 22 for days and twilight. Suburbs of chitown.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
It probably had everything to do with the unemployment benefits that ends now or very soon. So if you lived in a blue state or in or around a major city those people maybe only ones that got it. I really would love to know who the heck came up with that saying and the criteria because its different all over. Its 24 a hour for sunrise and night sort and 22 for days and twilight. Suburbs of chitown.
Dude I work in Compton and we haven't got ish

nWo

Screenshot_20210819-184546~2.png

cachmeifucan

Nice. My coworker with around 18 years said she got a raise of around.40c for the mra. Now she said she didn't the Aug 1st raise. Of 1.23 so she should of at least got the difference. This company does whatever they feel like. Im sure ot will get sorted out but il keep ya posted.

Satuirus2000

Glad to see the union fighting back for once. I wish they had done so over the last 10 years when other seniority employees constantly got screwed over and they didn't lift a finger to help or fight.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nice. My coworker with around 18 years said she got a raise of around.40c for the mra. Now she said she didn't the Aug 1st raise. Of 1.23 so she should of at least got the difference. This company does whatever they feel like. Im sure ot will get sorted out but il keep ya posted.
They should get the entire raises.

Those are contractual raises. Not raises to the min pay rate

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Glad to see the union fighting back for once. I wish they had done so over the last 10 years when other seniority employees constantly got screwed over and they didn't lift a finger to help or fight.

They should get the entire raises.

Those are contractual raises. Not raises to the min pay rate

Hate to say it... but, everything goes by contract language, it does not matter if the company is forced to pay beyond what was negotiated. They can decide today to go back to what the rates were before this Pandemic.

If that happens will you be making more for per hour?

That is why when we do vote these concessionary contracts down like in 2018, they go back to the negotiating table and work it out. The people in charge that ratified this last contract will no longer be in those positions. The part timers now have a say on who will be in charge of our Union in October, you all better start organizing or it will be the same old 20 percenters that will be making the decisions. A vast majority of them are the full time veterans and most of them will be looking out for their own best interest.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease...

Vote... study the candidates and their history...and participate even if you do not know the whole process yet... it takes time. Ask the full timers that you work for their options, most of us are willing to help, most of us also were part time at one time and we know your issues.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hate to say it... but, everything goes by contract language, it does not matter if the company is forced to pay beyond what was negotiated. They can decide today to go back to what the rates were before this Pandemic.

If that happens will you be making more for per hour?

That is why when we do vote these concessionary contracts down like in 2018, they go back to the negotiating table and work it out. The people in charge that ratified this last contract will no longer be in those positions. The part timers now have a say on who will be in charge of our Union in October, you all better start organizing or it will be the same old 20 percenters that will be making the decisions. A vast majority of them are the full time veterans and most of them will be looking out for their own best interest.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease...

Vote... study the candidates and their history...and participate even if you do not know the whole process yet... it takes time. Ask the full timers that you work for their options, most of us are willing to help, most of us also were part time at one time and we know your issues.

You’re right they could drop the pay but that shouldn’t exclude them from giving the raise.

Where it could get tricky is I guess they could say they dropped the pay by the amount the raise was.