Muscle fatigue

brownrod

But... If I could bring us back to the point...HORRIBLE pain keeps me awake.
Solutions?

We are not doctors and not qualified to give medical advice. go to the doctor. And your supervisor is not a doctor either. As much as he tries to convince you he his.

J

jibbs

You're young, Jibbs....not going to tell u what to do...but we have medical insurance for a reason. You'll miss your joints when they start to go. Not to mention we're loaders...our hands are kind of important to our jobs ;)

I went to the doctor.

It was either painkillers and a lightweight cast or painkillers and a "Come back if it gets worse." He mentioned surgery with pins and :censored2: but that was even further off the table for me than a cast was.

Muscle cramps are different than broken bones, though. Besides! My hand works just fine, man, it's just a little painful and pops when I over-do rotating my wrist. I stay having hand injuries. Just a fact of life for me nowadays... and it actually forces my not to throw packages into my trucks at work. I dunno, I feel like I've slowed down and done a better job these past few weeks because my hand/wrist's a little messed up.

...I've also edited this post like 30 times adding :censored2: to it. Wonder if anyone really noticed...

[EDIT: My hands are pretty much friend*ed anyways. I threw them around too much growing up, the friend*er's'll probably be arthritic by the time I'm 30.]

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jibbs

Wild punch. Wasn't steady, just an impulse hook that connected with my ring finger mcp joint (the knuckle at the base of your finger and hand, only I don't have a knuckle there anymore and it's basically an exposed, unprotected joint.)

Basically, an old injury that I made worse.

Indecisi0n

450 an hour would get you blow jobs where I'm at. So would building an 8 of 10-tier/wall. Have your carpal tunnels checked. Have your shoulders checked. You may have had a problem you didn't know about for years and UPS was kind enough to force it out of you. Seriously, it doesn't sound all that promising leaving it be.
Which hub? I need to put in for a transfer.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wild punch. Wasn't steady, just an impulse hook that connected with my ring finger mcp joint (the knuckle at the base of your finger and hand, only I don't have a knuckle there anymore and it's basically an exposed, unprotected joint.)

Basically, an old injury that I made worse.
Ohhh. I thought you meant the injury happened at work.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
But... If I could bring us back to the point...HORRIBLE pain keeps me awake.
Solutions?

woman-naggng-man-on-couch-vert.jpg

Many of us UPSers have that pain that keeps us
awake too :eek:

nagging.jpg

Dr.Brownz

Every new UPS employee should read this thread. Go slow and do the job methodically or your body gets wrecked and you won't enjoy your life. HR needs testimony from real empoyee's not these bull:censored2: 8 keys to lifting and lowering regurgitation camps.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We are not doctors and not qualified to give medical advice. go to the doctor. And your supervisor is not a doctor either. As much as he tries to convince you he his.

Some here aren't even qualified to give out UPS advice. Even some our company doctors are morons.

browntroll

i would go to a doctor, dont let them bully you into going to their doctor since they might try say you are fine
and make you back to work asap. after 5 years i barely feel a little pain in my elbow joints but we have bad elbow
joints from my dads side. 8 keys to lifting and lowering doesnt work all the time i always end up arguing with my safety
rep that gets on me for not using "proper methods".

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
UPS doesn't have "doctors" they have companies they contract with which is no different than a clinic that is tied a hospital. UPS doesn't pay them to make sure you get back to work ASAP otherwise there would be lawsuits abound and I'm positive we would all have heard about it. As for me...18 yrs, never heard of a lawsuit for that. That being said, you can see your own doctor as well. They generally want to take you to their doctor for their own insurance purposes and to cover their ass...something that anyone at UPS should be good at otherwise your going to get a lot of northbound traffic going into your normally southbound arse.

bill blutnach

I've been an employee for about 2 months now. I am a loader that runs about 450....building 8's I guess w/e. I keep getting a strange pain in my arms on heavy days... It doesn't bother me at work so much, it's the worst when I am trying to sleep. It is a stabbing pain up both my arms (mostly the right). I have notified my sup several times now(he seems indifferent). My only guess is the motion I make with the scanner. I assume this is very common and I was wondering if anyone had any kind of exercise sort of thing to help it out?

ja, ja. we all half it. Happens every day.

NotEnough

I feel I should update...

It comes every week... Takes a few days. Managers are well aware, and take me out of heavy areas. Most recently I have been moved to sweeper on the unload. My guess is they will do anything to avoid seeing a doctor, as that is what I have suggested for over 2 months. Tapping is nice though...boring, less hours, but nice.