My Best Friend just made their peer 80!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My best friend, who works for another Teamster company just earned their peer 80.

Super good feeling that they made it and are going to join our retirement ranks.

Well earned after over 36 years of service. Can't wait to take their family out for steak dinners.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
36 years seems like an awfully long career to achieve 80 points. Not trying to be a jerk, but either your friend must've hit 80 points a few years back and decided to keep going til now or possibly the math is off?

How old was your friend 36 years ago? Just trying to wrap my head around the math here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My best friend, who works for another Teamster company just earned their peer 80.

Super good feeling that they made it and are going to join our retirement ranks.

Well earned after over 36 years of service. Can't wait to take their family out for steak dinners.

Peer pension plans are based upon your age and years of service.

Peer 80 with 36 years of service means that your friend, who is 44, started working when they were 8.

You are full of doggie doo.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
805C22F9-5947-4D34-B240-D67C9707E310.gif

over9five

Staff member
You guys are being jerks. If you use the NEW math:

86-30=
86- (30x2)=
86- 60=
(40+46)-

Wait, what were we trying to figure out???

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
36 years seems like an awfully long career to achieve 80 points. Not trying to be a jerk, but either your friend must've hit 80 points a few years back and decided to keep going til now or possibly the math is off?

How old was your friend 36 years ago? Just trying to wrap my head around the math here.
thanks for bringing this up. his total years driving truck was 36 years. we started together at a non union company. i retired 2 years ago so I drove for 34 years but for UPS for only the last 23 years.

he works for Safeway. before that Save Mart and Conway. Not sure if they are union companies.

anyway, It's 36 years so far having a CDL and driving trucks. He said he'll keep working until SS age as they have bills and kid in college. He's happy that he made it and can relax a little now.