My little piece of plane..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
you didn't look hard enough, look of the shrink wrap
Not only did the shrink wrap say that, so did the boxes they came in. I was disappointed in it and the PCM. We got a sheet cake, Powerade, and this hunk of an obsolete airplane. No big speeches, no videos, and no bigshot guests. We did have three people recognized for 20, 25, and 30 years of service. That was it, I felt letdown afterward. I liked the little Package Car model we finally got ten years ago better. We didn't get those till months later, the Center Manager didn't want to give them to us because of the Strike.

Sammie

Got my "gift" today. The supervisor that gave it to me was Very proud to say that UPS made 250,000 of them to give out.

I told him that UPS has over 400,000 employees so at least 150,000 are out of luck.

He seemed suprised by this info. I think I took a little joy out of his "gift-giving-speech"

I have spent the rest of the day trying to unlock the 'secret code' that will open the metal to reveal my "cash bonus" that I really wanted..

So far no luck...

Ahh, Ahh, Ahh, Somebody's not telling the truth out there!

Every employee got a melted down metal bar!!??:ohmy:??!! :

You've got to realize that this 10 month long Centennial Global Tour has been in the works for the past two years!

Can you imagine what UPS paid the marketing firm the Spark Agency to man the operation?....

Even Eskew expressed shock and awe at the polished Kohler bathroom trailers on the tour, which earned the company “ high marks in cleanliness" according to employee surveys!

And at the end of every tour, there's an astronaut costume labeled with the slogan “To the moon by noon". :closedeye (Clever, or WHAT?)

(That's where all your gift money went...) :sad:

brownieboy

Just curious.... what would you all expect (reasonably here) as a gift for the 100 year celebration ?
I think a company wide EIGHT hour dispatch would have been good. Our managers were running all over the country trying to get the BS "Perfect Service Monday". Shouldnt EVERY days goal be perfect service???? Maybe let the center puppet, er I mean manager put on the drivers/areas we need.

upsgrunt

Just curious.... what would you all expect (reasonably here) as a gift for the 100 year celebration ?

I'd be happy to just be treated like a human. A hundred pennies would have been better. I showed our "gift" to some of my accounts and they just laughed or said "you've got to be kidding me". Some even thought we should have gotten $100.00 bonus's. I thought to myself-riigghhtt; They don't know UPS very well. I can think of past gifts that were way better: the coasters, the package cars, the little tree, anything but a hunk of metal. If it really was the first plane, wouldn't or shouldn't it be in the UPS museum instead of hacked up to give away as gifts. One thing I did get today was to take the ERI. This is after I had a 13.5 and a 15.0 paid day last week and 2- 13.5 paid days already this week. I got the ODS asking if I would take it and I replied "would love to". When I got in the supe says maybe you shouldn't take it now- I insisted. I hope my anger and dissatisfaction didn't come out to boldly!:laugh:

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
im still in shock that UPS took one of its vehicles out of service

My sentiments exactly!

We were also given coffee and donuts and a video to watch . . . which I did not because I just don't give a rat's ass about those UPS propoganda videos. At the PCM a couple of drivers were recognized for their years of service/safe driving and when those commemorative hunks of metal were handed out I mentioned that one was already on EBay and our sup oh-so coyly asked me what they were going for.

Good times.

browned_out

:mad: How about getting reimbursed for that debacle they called OPL stock, or get rid of all the pieces of sh$t trucks for newer models with lower steps, auto trans, don't leak etc. Oh I forgot-a start time before 9:30 (say 8:30).

cpa-ups-icon

BIG member
Wow am I the only one that got more than the rest of ya, they gave me my useless hunk of whatever alloy it is, and I got 159 stops to top off my day, and if that was not bad enough! center manager asked me are ya sure You can't make ninefive!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

romulus

Monkey w/ a Gun
Thanks guys! I got the same thing and was just curious what yall thought was appropriate and doable. I was thinking maybe an extra personal day or something along those lines. :thumbup1:

xDELETEDx

I guess a feeder driver brought pizza last night, and tonight we got our hunks of scrap metal and cake. We also got screwed hardcore, our volume was about 1,200 pieces above "normal" (which is still a lot for us), and we had 2 people quit.

over9five

Staff member
"Just curious.... what would you all expect (reasonably here) as a gift for the 100 year celebration ?"

How 'bout nothing??? I'm here for the pay and the benefits. Please don't insult me with that stupid trinket.

HazMatMan

Ok, just looked at the 100 people who got honored. Seems most of them are there based on their attendance. Some people had less than 4 years of service.

RozUPS

We got more than cake here in West Chester Pa. A full blown eggs pancakes and sausage breakfast b4 Preload. Then came the hunk of plane metal. I guess the breakfast was for the 100th celabration.