My Manger’s Leaving

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Was about to say the same. Watch what you say here mwg.

Where does the paranoia come from? I first started reading posts here in 2008 or 2009. I have never met anyone who works or has worked for the company in any capacity who has ever said a peep about BC or any work related board in general. Outside of the 2012 "Express will be overnight only" rumor, I've never heard a reference from anyone (again -- at any level, at any location, past or present employee) about anything that has appeared here.

A pair of former posters used to swear up and down that Memphis monitored this board religiously and would fire anyone they suspected of posting here.

overflowed

Where does the paranoia come from? I first started reading posts here in 2008 or 2009. I have never met anyone who works or has worked for the company in any capacity who has ever said a peep about BC or any work related board in general. Outside of the 2012 "Express will be overnight only" rumor, I've never heard a reference from anyone (again -- at any level, at any location, past or present employee) about anything that has appeared here.

A pair of former posters used to swear up and down that Memphis monitored this board religiously and would fire anyone they suspected of posting here.
Don't know about the last part. First part? Look at your avatar, and you're management.

dezguy

While I don't necessarily agree that Memphis is monitoring this site, I just think it's smart not to out yourself.

I've read our employee social media policy and know that comments made on social media can be disciplined up to and including termination.

MassWineGuy

For comments made on personal time not using company resources or revealing trade secrets, any FedEx retaliatory action would invite a lovely lawsuit about violating free speech. Just the kind of publicity they don’t want.

BootsOnTarmac

Yes.
I would not post on browncafe while using any FedEx controlled computer (intranet).
I also would not post any internal company document.
My opinions are my own, good or bad about my employer and I expect to post them freely (Free Speech).
Anyone who post here obvious details that lead a FedEx employee or anyone else, to know exactly who is referenced, is a major JERK.

Word to the wise, keep your comments anonymous and vague enough not to identify yourself or others.

vantexan

Yes.
I would not post on browncafe while using any FedEx controlled computer (intranet).
I also would not post any internal company document.
My opinions are my own, good or bad about my employer and I expect to post them freely (Free Speech).
Anyone who post here obvious details that lead a FedEx employee or anyone else, to know exactly who is referenced, is a major JERK.

Word to the wise, keep your comments anonymous and vague enough not to identify yourself or others.
I've on several occasions posted my name, id#, and station on this forum. Either the company doesn't really care what we post as long as it's the truth or they aren't monitoring the forum. They may have been when there was a chance of a union but as they've gotten rid of that threat it probably doesn't matter what we say as long as it's not damaging to the company.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Either the company doesn't really care what we post as long as it's the truth or they aren't monitoring the forum.

Both. Here's a little secret. FedEx sees this place for exactly what it is. A place for a handful of employees to vent and for the armchair experts who couldn't run a lemonade stand to dispense their expertise on how to run all aspects of a global multibillion dollar business. Not much different than the Jacksonville Jaguars forum.

But to sum of the company's opinion of BC: meh.

vantexan

Both. Here's a little secret. FedEx sees this place for exactly what it is. A place for a handful of employees to vent and for the armchair experts who couldn't run a lemonade stand to dispense their expertise on how to run all aspects of a global multibillion dollar business. Not much different than the Jacksonville Jaguars forum.

But to sum of the company's opinion of BC: meh.
I could care less about running their corporation for them. Just how they handle their dealings with their employees. If they had been unfair and dishonest in the past, it should be known. If they're doing better now, then they should get credit for it. That position angers both the ones who think they walk on water and the ones who fault everything they do.

Schweddy

Balls
Just depends on the type of boss you have.. won't matter for you since you are a manager dano. My boss only cares about himself and what's going for him, along with several of my other superiors. Nothing different from most of the other stations.

Your point is about what others post.. my point was about what you post. You personally don't shed light about your situation, just like all of my managers don't shed light on anything going on. They only share what they want to share, when they absolutely have to. You can spin your shyt any way you like, you're still being a hypocrite.