My sources are saying the Contract Pass overwhelmingly

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
My sources with knowledge of the situation under condition of anonymity are telling me the Contract will be ratified.

Sad sad day for the Union Membership.

You guys got screwed
I just voted no if that helps any
If your source is correct, it is a sad day that we could not at least make them go back to the table and sweat it out
Oh well

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Dude is livin the dream
Racist much? Sorry but I'm about as white as your tighty whities. Didn't realize using three words like bounce, outta, and cat were too much for some old man to understand that he thinks it's Ebonics.

Cat is man
outta is out of
and bounce is to leave

Oh yeah a bone is a joint, weed, wacky tobbaccy, green, MJ, grass, herb and whatever the hell else it's called by whites, blacks, Asians, Mexicans, and any other person who so smokes it.
Fire that Shizzz Niitt Up

Nimnim

The Nim
Well, now I'm hearing from a supervisor management is freaking out because they just heard an interesting rumor. Supposedly any union member who doesn't vote is counted as a NO vote? I find that hard to believe but it would be awesome! I don't believe it because if it IS a good contract it could still be voted no if not enough people vote. I already talked to 2 members who didn't get their ballots. A lot of members don't keep their information updated.

A non vote does not count as a yes or no vote, but non votes benefit the yes voters more as when we get to the point that negotiations stop the final vote demands over 50% participation or 66% no vote so when 50% doesn't vote the no votes need to be much higher than the yes votes vs a 51% voter participation where the no votes just need to be more than the yes votes.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
A non vote does not count as a yes or no vote, but non votes benefit the yes voters more as when we get to the point that negotiations stop the final vote demands over 50% participation or 66% no vote so when 50% doesn't vote the no votes need to be much higher than the yes votes vs a 51% voter participation where the no votes just need to be more than the yes votes.
Aight

Nimnim

The Nim
Huh? Which company is pushing their employees to vote?
I've seen more UPS management telling us to vote than my local. I still don't know how my local wants the vote to go. We've had one group of 3rd party union people passing out vote no literature, but no local officials present for anything. I've had more than a couple times where there's some member of UPS management passing out papers about how it's important to vote and how to vote though.

I've seen more UPS management telling us to vote than my local. I still don't know how my local wants the vote to go. We've had one group of 3rd party union people passing out vote no literature, but no local officials present for anything. I've had more than a couple times where there's some member of UPS management passing out papers about how it's important to vote and how to vote though.
And they aren't allowed to talk to you about the contract. Go figure....

Nimnim

The Nim
And they aren't allowed to talk to you about the contract. Go figure....

Technically they weren't talking about the contents of the contract, just encouraging us to vote and the papers had information on how to contact the union if you didn't receive the ballot.

I find it more troubling that my local hasn't spent the time to show up to my hub and sit outside grilling hotdogs and handing out papers like they do when they want to promote drive or their local slate elections. They don't even need to bring the grill, just one person(like the 3rd party did handing out papers on why they want us to vote yes or no) standing at the fence leading to the guard shack that everyone passes to get in. I heard they showed up one day when the drivers would be showing up, but I wasn't there and can't confirm, so it really tells me they want the driver vote and don't care about anyone else.

Technically they weren't talking about the contents of the contract, just encouraging us to vote and the papers had information on how to contact the union if you didn't receive the ballot.

I find it more troubling that my local hasn't spent the time to show up to my hub and sit outside grilling hotdogs and handing out papers like they do when they want to promote drive or their local slate elections. They don't even need to bring the grill, just one person(like the 3rd party did handing out papers on why they want us to vote yes or no) standing at the fence leading to the guard shack that everyone passes to get in. I heard they showed up one day when the drivers would be showing up, but I wasn't there and can't confirm, so it really tells me they want the driver vote and don't care about anyone else.
They haven't said one word to us here about it.

Nimnim

The Nim
They haven't said one word to us here about it.

I'm going to assume you're talking about UPS not saying anything to you. Personally if all UPS is doing is saying the contract is up for a vote and you should vote and here's the contact information for the union to vote if you have issues, I don't have a problem with that. I'd like more people to be informed and vote. We've had really sad low numbers for turnout, if the company can inform a few people who are ignorant that there's a vote going on that's a good thing. Really the union should be better about it.

If the company is taking advantage of union leadership not informing their members and telling their employees they should vote yes or no. I don't like it, but I have to blame the union for not being more present that allowed it to happen. UPS will pull everything they can, the union is supposed to hold them accountable. You can have a few union members that call foul on UPS but if the union doesn't back them up it's just going to continue.

I'm going to assume you're talking about UPS not saying anything to you. Personally if all UPS is doing is saying the contract is up for a vote and you should vote and here's the contact information for the union to vote if you have issues, I don't have a problem with that. I'd like more people to be informed and vote. We've had really sad low numbers for turnout, if the company can inform a few people who are ignorant that there's a vote going on that's a good thing. Really the union should be better about it.

If the company is taking advantage of union leadership not informing their members and telling their employees they should vote yes or no. I don't like it, but I have to blame the union for not being more present that allowed it to happen. UPS will pull everything they can, the union is supposed to hold them accountable. You can have a few union members that call foul on UPS but if the union doesn't back them up it's just going to continue.
I agree. Where is our union cheerleaders at the morning PCM?

542thruNthru

Agreed.
They could even make it all the way up to 8% of part time participation.

XPuZ.gif

tenor-23.gif