My sources are saying the Contract Pass overwhelmingly

Nimnim

The Nim
I've seen more UPS management telling us to vote than my local. I still don't know how my local wants the vote to go. We've had one group of 3rd party union people passing out vote no literature, but no local officials present for anything. I've had more than a couple times where there's some member of UPS management passing out papers about how it's important to vote and how to vote though.

Had the 3rd party union people out last night promoting vote no again, 2 days from the deadline, still no local officials showing up at least for my midnight shift.

Nimnim

The Nim
Who are the third party Union people ?

I didn't grab their literature, but I think they were Teamster United.

Edit, it was the same people as the last time I saw them weeks ago and I looked at one of the papers to see if it was TDU or someone else and saw Teamsters United printed on it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I didn't grab their literature, but I think they were Teamster United.

Edit, it was the same people as the last time I saw them weeks ago and I looked at one of the papers to see if it was TDU or someone else and saw Teamsters United printed on it.

Teamsters United.... is essentially TDU.

They claim not to be, but we know different.

I was just wondering if they were "outside" of being Teamster members.

Nimnim

The Nim
Teamsters United.... is essentially TDU.

They claim not to be, but we know different.

I was just wondering if they were "outside" of being Teamster members.

I didn't have a reason to think they might not be union members, as I recognize some of them and are inside employees, I just knew they weren't IBT people part of my local so I label them 3rd party.

Edit: It does bother me that people who are of an opposing position to the IBT with their group are significantly more active than the IBT local I am a member of. As I mentioned before in this thread UPS has put more boots on the ground than my local has to get the word out that there's a new contract to be voted on.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
My sources with knowledge of the situation under condition of anonymity are telling me the Contract will be ratified.

Sad sad day for the Union Membership.

You guys got screwed

Easy to be anonymous so you don't have to give any evidence. Are your sources wearing an aluminum foil hat? The vote is locked down by the government right now.