MY UPS Truck Got booted NYC

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Put two people on a package car. Drop one driver off and go drive around the block until he is done.
Don't know if it is still this way, but when I was working, The bigger Houston airport (IAH) wouldn't allow a package car to be parked without someone with it. The guy who delivered the airport had been on that route over 40 years, and he had to have a security guard on his pc to just sit in it while he was out delivering.

Don't know if it is still this way, but when I was working, The bigger Houston airport (IAH) wouldn't allow a package car to be parked without someone with it. The guy who delivered the airport had been on that route over 40 years, and he had to have a security guard on his pc to just sit in it while he was out delivering.
I never seen that here. But I guess everywhere is different

Big Babooba

View attachment 221669 Yo,

You ever seen a UPS Truck getting booted. Like wtf, UPS don't like paying parking ticket for brand new 2018 1300 truck. I guess the 9.5 isn't working for everyone.

Why am I not surprised? One State Police officer in our area LOVES to pull over UPS trucks because he more than likely find the ABS light on. Company gets ticketed and when inspection time rolls around for that truck the states computer has it locked out of the system because the fine wasn't paid. No inspection sticker = RED TAG.

UPSEric1

I forgot to tell you guys... I have never used the bulk head door for deliveries... Our p1300, the bulk head is screw in and you are unable to use it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
0DA4E498-0DEC-4DAD-AEB1-E939A016DC87.gif
I forgot to tell you guys... I have never used the bulk head door for deliveries... Our p1300, the bulk head is screw in and you are unable to use it.

DOK

What a lot of big cities do to us is little more than legalized extortion in terms of parking tickets.
Portland, Oregon is a good example. There was an article in the Oregonian last year about the “ten worst parking scofflaws in the downtown area” and 3 of the top 10 were specific UPS package cars with downtown routes.
Portland encourages high density housing like condos, for people who dont own cars and use bikes or mass transit and do their shopping online instead of driving to the mall.
That is great, but the trucks that deliver the goods they order still have to park somewhere. And instead of providing an adequate number of loading zones, the city creates a deliberate parking shortage and then uses carriers like UPS as an additional form of revenue by extorting parking ticket money out of us...in some cases up to $10K per year.

I believe Ups’s NYC parking ticket bill is well over $1 million annually.

DOK

What a lot of big cities do to us is little more than legalized extortion in terms of parking tickets.
Portland, Oregon is a good example. There was an article in the Oregonian last year about the “ten worst parking scofflaws in the downtown area” and 3 of the top 10 were specific UPS package cars with downtown routes.
Portland encourages high density housing like condos, for people who dont own cars and use bikes or mass transit and do their shopping online instead of driving to the mall.
That is great, but the trucks that deliver the goods they order still have to park somewhere. And instead of providing an adequate number of loading zones, the city creates a deliberate parking shortage and then uses carriers like UPS as an additional form of revenue by extorting parking ticket money out of us...in some cases up to $10K per year.

Why?

Sounds like the guy who came up with Orion might have made this decision.