Nation of Islam

Dingo

My first thought when I read this thread was to delete it. I don't know if this incident is true and maybe somebody is just trying to stir things up. Racism is a touchy subject that most people feel uncomfortable talking about. I can't say that I know the best way to discuss it. We all come with different perspectives about things like this.
It's true Scratch. Both the male and female were fired.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

Good riddance, there is no excuse for workplace violence. I have seen hourlies and supervisors fired when things go too far. The five thugs should have been locked up, I hope the hub guy presses charges if they threw the first punch. If he was just defending himself, I see nothing wrong with that. I hope there were witnesses that are willing to step forward. It's best sometimes to just shut your mouth and walk away from certain situations instead of escalating them. There are other ways to handle problems.

fedx

Extra Large Package
To the extent this is true, that race and gender benefits someone seeking employment, the overwhelmingly reality is that this benefits white men in general in the labor market.

I can't speak to UPS as a place of employment, but I work in a petroleum refinery, I have worked for the Railroads, UP(freight car repairer), and Norfolk southern(signal maintainer).

All of those places are dominated by white men and its not even close. White men are like what 35% of the population and that's includes many white men that are babies, children, teens, and college age adults and the elderly. So adult white men who are working might be I don't know maybe 20-25% of the total population( I am guessing on that stat).

Yet, every "blue collar" job I have ever had has been dominated by white men. The idea that this is some accident or that white men are just "better"..... is just fantasy, the idea that others can't be pipe fitters or welders or carpenters or electricians or operators or etc is nonsense, so the question becomes why aren't they there?

Yet, even surrounded by other white men in these jobs, many white men that I work with are convinced that other people have a leg up on them. It is an amazing thing to behold the logic. Ok, 90% of supervisors in the company are white and male, 85% of my co workers are white and male, but the company has a preference for women or black women or gay people or black people or Mexicans or etc.

All I say to these men is look around, its ok to have a theory about employers favoring one group over another, but at some point reality has to match your theory or else you are just a bigot, if your theory is that these certain groups are preferred and yet year after year after year after year, those people you say are preferred aren't actually getting hired..... what are you saying at that point? why do you hold on to this clearly false belief?
There is no question that big corporations have affirmative action programs called "diversity" as a way to bring in unqualified people to fill positions, not based on ability, but based on some identity (race, sex, sexuality, etc). To pretend that these corporations don't have diversity programs is clearly a false belief. It all stems from the 1950s-60s communist infiltration programs that began with schools. Fast forward 50 years and all those kids who were indoctrinated are now in positions of power and implementing their own social engineering programs, only this time it's implemented on adults in the workforce as well as kids in school.

Last edited:

jaker

trolling
We, white devils, are very sorry about that and wish the African warlords and Portuguese had never stole your family from Africa and brought your ancestors here to America.
I don't care about slavery and how long it was , what I do care about that around the 1900 blacks was still getting hung and beaten for minor things in this country

jaker

trolling
Some of you need to do some research.

The blacks enslaved the blacks before the whites ever thought about it.

The stronger, more powerful tribes over ran the weak tribes and took prisoners. It was these prisoners that were sold to the arriving ships.
You are right , but slavery is different in every county . What people did here was not what people did over there and what happen here was horrible and unheard of for the times

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
The whole "poor me" attitude that people have because of the way things were in the past has got to go. In 2017 nobody is holding back minorities from going out and doing what they want to do. I know a girl who just got a scholarship to a VERY good college...the scholarship was not because of her grades...not because of an essay she wrote...but because she was Hispanic...seems fair huh

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The idea that marginalized groups have more power to get away with bad behavior has zero basis in reality. Historically, the racist viewpoint has always been convinced that black people are getting away with murder, bad behavior have some kind of leg up on hard working deserving people, etc. It is an extremely common racist belief throughout this nation's history.
The number of arrests and convictions follow by prison times tells a completely different story.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You'd rather discuss racism on the edges and no direct discussion?
I found this to be the case in the past.
Bunch of hypocrites on here that start calling others names.
Wait wait lol.
So you're saying, racism is actually a good thing, as long as it's openly displayed. It's the closeted racists that are the real problem.....

Ok, I can get behind that.
Racists and bigots, please proceed. Me and monkeybutt are putting you on our lists.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Wait wait lol.
So you're saying, racism is actually a good thing, as long as it's openly displayed. It's the closeted racists that are the real problem.....

Ok, I can get behind that.
Racists and bigots, please proceed. Me and monkeybutt are putting you on our lists.
people seem to think you have to like everyone

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is fairly silly. Human slavery is a reality. It happened everywhere.

What is different about the transatlantic slave trade, is that it lead to the creation of racial identity.

A belief that skin color and race is determinative of a person's intellect, honesty, character, etc and that Africans were genetically inferior and barely human and thus born to be slaves.

Before the transatlantic slave trade this idea of a shared identity based on skin color or race and racial inferiority and superiority didn't exist in the world.

Identity was based on language, customs, religious beliefs, the place you were born, not on skin color or race.

This belief in racial identity that was created by European racists to justify slavery is a distortion that has been forced upon everyone and we don't know how to get rid of it.

So this idea that Africans sold "their" people into slavery only makes sense by ignoring that those Africans had no concept of "race" and didn't see those they sold into to slavery as "their" people. The same as Europeans who had " European slaves" didn't see those slaves as "their" people.

But the reason for the critic of American slavery, is that there is no America without the American slave trade. Who is doing the work.

The Enslaved population at the time of the civil War were the largest asset in America by far. In fact, take every other asset in America beside land... combined and the Enslaved were worth more. The south was the richest part of the nation, the banks in the north and businesses in the north made huge money from the enslaved. American universities made money from slaves.

American capitalism thrived on having an uncompensated workforce and then once slavery ended, America had a workforce that America relegated to second class citizens that was exploited further to make this nation rich.

This is why many black Americans are critical of American slavery and not critical of Africans who sold their ancestors into slavery because this nation doesn't exist, isn't as wealthy without slavery.
Get ready for racist accusations on this one.
By posting this, you are telling all the left-wingers that you support slavery.
Jump on him @Jones, @bbsam, @MAKAVELI , etc.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
To the extent this is true, that race and gender benefits someone seeking employment, the overwhelmingly reality is that this benefits white men in general in the labor market.

I can't speak to UPS as a place of employment, but I work in a petroleum refinery, I have worked for the Railroads, UP(freight car repairer), and Norfolk southern(signal maintainer).

All of those places are dominated by white men and its not even close. White men are like what 35% of the population and that's includes many white men that are babies, children, teens, and college age adults and the elderly. So adult white men who are working might be I don't know maybe 20-25% of the total population( I am guessing on that stat).

Yet, every "blue collar" job I have ever had has been dominated by white men. The idea that this is some accident or that white men are just "better"..... is just fantasy, the idea that others can't be pipe fitters or welders or carpenters or electricians or operators or etc is nonsense, so the question becomes why aren't they there?

Yet, even surrounded by other white men in these jobs, many white men that I work with are convinced that other people have a leg up on them. It is an amazing thing to behold the logic. Ok, 90% of supervisors in the company are white and male, 85% of my co workers are white and male, but the company has a preference for women or black women or gay people or black people or Mexicans or etc.

All I say to these men is look around, its ok to have a theory about employers favoring one group over another, but at some point reality has to match your theory or else you are just a bigot, if your theory is that these certain groups are preferred and yet year after year after year after year, those people you say are preferred aren't actually getting hired..... what are you saying at that point? why do you hold on to this clearly false belief?

A good friend of mine is the director of apprenticeship for the local IBEW

They actively recruit minority's
Men and women

It's an on the job training thing
Go to work then classroom 1 day a week

Journeymen electricians make north of $30 an hour full benefits and pension

He's been doing this for 10 years
In that time only a handful of minority's have made it to journeyman

Why is this?