Nation of Islam

refineryworker05

Well simple math would answer your question. If the United States is predominantly white...then of course more people at a workplace will be white...higher percentage of white people in the country=higher percentage of whites everywhere you go.

Lol, white men themselves are only 35% of the population that means that 65% of Americans are not white men.

This jobs are dominated by white men, they aren't dominated by white men and white women. And even then they are 80% percent white and male, if you add white women, they are probably closer to 95% white.

So saying white men are the majority to explain away these huge racial disparities in employment makes no sense

refineryworker05

I just don't see this hard luck based on race alone. My family was lower middle class. Divorced parents. Been on welfare with my mother. A lot of my family was and still are drug users. A lot have made bad decisions their entire lives. A lot of them live life in a much lower income level than my wife and kids and I do. A lot of what your saying makes it seem like I only made it because I'm white. Not because of any decisions I made along the way. I don't believe that. I didn't grow up in a ghetto, but it's not impossible to better yourself either.

I mean we all see and experience different things. This is a huge nation, both in terms of geography and population. There are hundreds of millions of Americans spread out over a huge expanse of land. Those millions of Americans live very different lives, with different circumstances and make different choices and have different opportunities, etc.

So while our personal experiences and how we interpret those personal experiences are important, they can't tell you everything about the nation at large. The only chance to even attempt to do that is to look at data about this nation, read books, try to understand our history, our political system, our economy etc.

And the data on racial disparities doesn't paint this picture that all Americans are equally poor, have equal chances at success. Certainly millions of Americans are doing badly and most poor Americans are white and they face some huge struggles, but on the aggregate, white Americans even poor ones when statistically compared to poor black Americans are eon's better off. It is not even close.

Like I said Americans really don't have any idea just how big these racial disparities are in American. Just look up employment stats by education and race and be alarmed. And that's just one area.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Hell, I went to college on a very partial scholarship, started smoking weed, and well I greatly disappointed my parents, but for a while I had a lot of fun, and I met my wife from that college.
Guy I went to high school with is a "clinical geneticist". 12 years of higher education and I make more money than he does. God bless America, and the teamsters.

Last edited:

refineryworker05

Ive seen it first hand countless times..."it's cause I'm black. They did this to me cause I'm black" uh no.

Again, I know you believe this is true, but if it were true then there'd be more black Americans in positions of power in corporate America.

This is the fly in the ointment, you can say oh black people get away with murder because they are black, but again this belief has to be reflected by reality and an America that favored black Americans would have different statistics about black Americans. They'd be doing better than others in many cases, but that's not reality.

refineryworker05

Guy I went to high school with is a "clinical geneticist". I make more money than he does. God bless America, and the teamsters.

I still remember this one kid, he smoked more weed than anyone I knew, and he still graduated with honors with an E. E. degree. Heck some of my friends smoked as much and they stuck it out and got their degrees, hell my wife got her degree, but I just flamed out.

I think I probably make more than the average engineer and probably make as much as my friends who are engineers, but what they have is career flexibility, and career mobility.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I still remember this one kid, he smoked more weed than anyone I knew, and he still graduated with honors with an E. E. degree. Heck some of my friends smoked as much and they stuck it out and got their degrees, hell my wife got her degree, but I just flamed out.

I think I probably make more than the average engineer and probably make as much as my friends who are engineers, but what they have is career flexibility, and career mobility.
Ganja is good.
Some people suck at life, some don't.
Mary Jane almost never has anything to do with that fact.

fedx

Extra Large Package
This is a belief that you have, but there is no actual proof in terms of affirmative action programs doing what you believe.

Again, this isn't speculation all one has to do is look at actual employment statistics, black people don't have higher employment rates than white Americans even when matching for education or experience or career field.

If they were favored due to communist infiltration and indoctrination and affirmative action you'd see that change. But you don't actually see that in terms of employment statistics. This is objective reality.

Instead what is happening in the American labor market is continuing broad discrimination against black American job seekers.
Sorry, but the "Great Society" under Johnson and the welfare state has destroyed the black community. Why work when you can get government assistance in food and housing? The Democrats want to enslave the black community to have them reliant on them and keep voting for them. Spew out the narrative that whites are holding them down (like you're argument), give them no hope, then offer a solution that the government will take care of you. For those that don't want to be on the Democrat Plantation, they do go and work and are helped by affirmative action programs. Figures don't lie, but liars can figure. You can point to all your statistics that says whites are holding down blacks, but it's just not true.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Rush Limbaugh called, he wants to know how to get back to 2013 with you.
What's that have to do with the knockout game? It's a real game and it's really happened. You can make jokes to deflect off the truth, but it's still the truth. It all stemmed from someone saying he's bothered by blacks being beat up by whites in 1900 and I'm just pointing out that kind of mistreatment is still happening today. Maybe he should be worried about 2017 in addition to 1900-as 2017 has more of an impact on his life than 1900 does. Unless he has some secret time machine and he periodically travels back to 1900 on vacations.

Last edited: