Nation of Islam

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes but it was easy ...
__________________... he just showed them how to put their hands down ...
_______________________________________________________________ ... and grab a gun.
1441809420125840045.gif

refineryworker05

A black female can get away with murder...sad but true...she can pull two cards to defend herself...I had a black female sup who was also lesbian...she was literally untouchable...save the BS of calling me racist.

The idea that marginalized groups have more power to get away with bad behavior has zero basis in reality. Historically, the racist viewpoint has always been convinced that black people are getting away with murder, bad behavior have some kind of leg up on hard working deserving people, etc. It is an extremely common racist belief throughout this nation's history.

refineryworker05

Yea...you guys are so right...people don't get to where they are based on sex/gender....EVER...do you know how much of an HR headache and how big of a scene someone who is a black female lesbian would make if they were fired...the lady I'm talking about openly hated men...didn't like white people...caught fudging time cards...she's still here. Don't act like it's not true.

To the extent this is true, that race and gender benefits someone seeking employment, the overwhelmingly reality is that this benefits white men in general in the labor market.

I can't speak to UPS as a place of employment, but I work in a petroleum refinery, I have worked for the Railroads, UP(freight car repairer), and Norfolk southern(signal maintainer).

All of those places are dominated by white men and its not even close. White men are like what 35% of the population and that's includes many white men that are babies, children, teens, and college age adults and the elderly. So adult white men who are working might be I don't know maybe 20-25% of the total population( I am guessing on that stat).

Yet, every "blue collar" job I have ever had has been dominated by white men. The idea that this is some accident or that white men are just "better"..... is just fantasy, the idea that others can't be pipe fitters or welders or carpenters or electricians or operators or etc is nonsense, so the question becomes why aren't they there?

Yet, even surrounded by other white men in these jobs, many white men that I work with are convinced that other people have a leg up on them. It is an amazing thing to behold the logic. Ok, 90% of supervisors in the company are white and male, 85% of my co workers are white and male, but the company has a preference for women or black women or gay people or black people or Mexicans or etc.

All I say to these men is look around, its ok to have a theory about employers favoring one group over another, but at some point reality has to match your theory or else you are just a bigot, if your theory is that these certain groups are preferred and yet year after year after year after year, those people you say are preferred aren't actually getting hired..... what are you saying at that point? why do you hold on to this clearly false belief?

refineryworker05

Aren't these thing always started by idiots?

Historically race riots were caused when the numerically dominate racial group carried out racial violence at either economic, political, or residential competition from black people or others.

Then there are riots that have a racial element due to how certain groups have been historically and presently treated by local police departments.

Those riots are caused by frequent police violence and mistreatment of local citizens and some incident happens and finally that anger boils over.

To me those aren't really race riots as much as they are police violence riots, but some people label them as such.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I worship Satan and currently own several slaves. I also encourage abortion via printed handouts at local high schools

refineryworker05

We, white devils, are very sorry about that and wish the African warlords and Portuguese had never stole your family from Africa and brought your ancestors here to America.

This is fairly silly. Human slavery is a reality. It happened everywhere.

What is different about the transatlantic slave trade, is that it lead to the creation of racial identity.

A belief that skin color and race is determinative of a person's intellect, honesty, character, etc and that Africans were genetically inferior and barely human and thus born to be slaves.

Before the transatlantic slave trade this idea of a shared identity based on skin color or race and racial inferiority and superiority didn't exist in the world.

Identity was based on language, customs, religious beliefs, the place you were born, not on skin color or race.

This belief in racial identity that was created by European racists to justify slavery is a distortion that has been forced upon everyone and we don't know how to get rid of it.

So this idea that Africans sold "their" people into slavery only makes sense by ignoring that those Africans had no concept of "race" and didn't see those they sold into to slavery as "their" people. The same as Europeans who had " European slaves" didn't see those slaves as "their" people.

But the reason for the critic of American slavery, is that there is no America without the American slave trade. Who is doing the work.

The Enslaved population at the time of the civil War were the largest asset in America by far. In fact, take every other asset in America beside land... combined and the Enslaved were worth more. The south was the richest part of the nation, the banks in the north and businesses in the north made huge money from the enslaved. American universities made money from slaves.

American capitalism thrived on having an uncompensated workforce and then once slavery ended, America had a workforce that America relegated to second class citizens that was exploited further to make this nation rich.

This is why many black Americans are critical of American slavery and not critical of Africans who sold their ancestors into slavery because this nation doesn't exist, isn't as wealthy without slavery.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
To the extent this is true, that race and gender benefits someone seeking employment, the overwhelmingly reality is that this benefits white men in general in the labor market.

I can't speak to UPS as a place of employment, but I work in a petroleum refinery, I have worked for the Railroads, UP(freight car repairer), and Norfolk southern(signal maintainer).

All of those places are dominated by white men and its not even close. White men are like what 35% of the population and that's includes many white men that are babies, children, teens, and college age adults and the elderly. So adult white men who are working might be I don't know maybe 20-25% of the total population( I am guessing on that stat).

Yet, every "blue collar" job I have ever had has been dominated by white men. The idea that this is some accident or that white men are just "better"..... is just fantasy, the idea that others can't be pipe fitters or welders or carpenters or electricians or operators or etc is nonsense, so the question becomes why aren't they there?

Yet, even surrounded by other white men in these jobs, many white men that I work with are convinced that other people have a leg up on them. It is an amazing thing to behold the logic. Ok, 90% of supervisors in the company are white and male, 85% of my co workers are white and male, but the company has a preference for women or black women or gay people or black people or Mexicans or etc.

All I say to these men is look around, its ok to have a theory about employers favoring one group over another, but at some point reality has to match your theory or else you are just a bigot, if your theory is that these certain groups are preferred and yet year after year after year after year, those people you say are preferred aren't actually getting hired..... what are you saying at that point? why do you hold on to this clearly false belief?

Population of the United States by Race and Hispanic/Latino Origin, Census 2000 and July 1, 2005

Couldn't find 2017, in 2010, "White people" were 60% plus of the US population. I don't think you can mix race AND gender to prove a point. White men are men.....black men are men......and women are women regardless of race. Racism and gender inequality are two different issues.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I ask you all this question as well. Are things not better in terms of racism than they were 20 years ago? 40 years ago? My mother raised me to look at people as people, not by skin color, my father, not so much. The hate is as ingrained in each culture by the older generations as much as the next. My kids call people by these terms, "peach", "brown", "light brown", "kind of peach". Raising our kids as open minded and accepting as possible is our only hope.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I've always thought that the way people act is more important than what they look like. We all have more in common with each other than differences. We all want food, clothing, shelter, and somebody to love us. We may have different tastes in things like food or music for instance, but there is nothing wrong with that. Bigots come in all sizes, shapes, and colors. Hate is something that is taught from one generation to another. We need to stop making excuses and end it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Historically race riots were caused when the numerically dominate racial group carried out racial violence at either economic, political, or residential competition from black people or others.

Then there are riots that have a racial element due to how certain groups have been historically and presently treated by local police departments.

Those riots are caused by frequent police violence and mistreatment of local citizens and some incident happens and finally that anger boils over.

To me those aren't really race riots as much as they are police violence riots, but some people label them as such.
Riots now are "demonstrations" or "protests", according to the left wing media. I'm not sure what stealing and looting has to do with protesting?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
There isn't any acting to it.
I don't see/hear of any of the other major religions flying planes into buildings or any of the other acts RECENTLY committed by our Muslim friends.

If you know of any please share.

I can wait.

EDIT-
funny
derail

I put these here so DIDO won't have to.
Eric Rudolph

refineryworker05

This is fairly silly. Human slavery is a reality. It happened everywhere.

What is different about the transatlantic slave trade, is that it lead to the creation of racial identity.

A belief that skin color and race is determinative of a person's intellect, honesty, character, etc and that Africans were genetically inferior and barely human and thus born to be slaves.

Before the transatlantic slave trade this idea of a shared identity based on skin color or race and racial inferiority and superiority didn't exist in the world.

Identity was based on language, customs, religious beliefs, the place you were born, not on skin color or race.

This belief in racial identity that was created by European racists to justify slavery is a distortion that has been forced upon everyone and we don't know how to get rid of it.

So this idea that Africans sold "their" people into slavery only makes sense by ignoring that those Africans had no concept of "race" and didn't see those they sold into to slavery as "their" people. The same as Europeans who had " European slaves" didn't see those slaves as "their" people.

But the reason for the critic of American slavery, is that there is no America without the American slave trade. Who is doing the work.

The Enslaved population at the time of the civil War were the largest asset in America by far. In fact, take every other asset in America beside land... combined and the Enslaved were worth more. The south was the richest part of the nation, the banks in the north and businesses in the north made huge money from the enslaved. American universities made money from slaves.

American capitalism thrived on having an uncompensated workforce and then once slavery ended, America had a workforce that America relegated to second class citizens that was exploited further to make this nation rich.

This is why many black Americans are critical of American slavery and not critical of Africans who sold their ancestors into slavery because this nation doesn't exist, isn't as wealthy without slavery.
What I mean by this is most immigrants to this nation didn't come until well after this nation was founded. Most immigrants came here in the late 1800
Population of the United States by Race and Hispanic/Latino Origin, Census 2000 and July 1, 2005

Couldn't find 2017, in 2010, "White people" were 60% plus of the US population. I don't think you can mix race AND gender to prove a point. White men are men.....black men are men......and women are women regardless of race. Racism and gender inequality are two different issues.

I don't think I understand your point.

Black men in general are not treated like white men in anyplace in this nation. Black women in general aren't treated like white men in anyplace in this nation. There is no parity in any aspect of American society.
Not one area, on every single measure there are huge big racial gaps when you compare wealth, education, career, and race. Just huge racial disparities exists between people who have the same job and education yet don't live in the same kinds of neighborhoods, don't make the same kind of money, don't have the same level of employment, don't have the same kind of wealth.

The fact that black women are women doesn't change the reality that they are also considered and treated as a black person in America.

refineryworker05

Riots now are "demonstrations" or "protests", according to the left wing media. I'm not sure what stealing and looting has to do with protesting?

You can use whatever word you want to describe or discuss riots and you can be disagree or mock the words other people use to describe and discuss riots, that's irrelevant to me . Doesn't change anything about the causes of race riots which I detailed or riots in which the catalyst is police violence which I also explained.