National nut day.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I love Brazil nuts. When I was a kid, they called them ******* toes. I remember me dancing around the cart in P & C begging my mom for said toes. The mother driving the shopping cart next to us was, uhmm, not white. My poor mom. She was mortified. I remember overhearing her retell the story to Dad that night. He kinda chuckled as he thought of her face when the poor other mother looked at her as I was obliviously dancing around the cart. We never referred to them as that, again. All the sudden they were Brazil nuts.

*This is a cute story about my past which needs no moderating from the peanut gallery.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I love Brazil nuts. When I was a kid, they called them ******* toes. I remember me dancing around the cart in P & C begging my mom for said toes. The mother driving the shopping cart next to us was, uhmm, not white. My poor mom. She was mortified. I remember overhearing her retell the story to Dad that night. He kinda chuckled as he thought of her face when the poor other mother looked at her as I was obliviously dancing around the cart. We never referred to them as that, again. All the sudden they were Brazil nuts.

*This is a cute story about my past which needs no moderating from the peanut gallery.
I was in an Italian household and we called them the same as you did. My mom always had a good asortment of nuts along with the nut cracker and walnuts were the least favorite......so plenty left over for baking later.

packageguy

As I just scrolled down I saw pictures of nuts. I think when you buy those nuts you get the dish for free, my mother has the same one........lol

over9five

Staff member
My Mom had this one:

NutBowl200w.jpg

Probably still does....

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Your story sure tops mine. I had never heard them called that until my wife's sweet old nana offered me some from a dish, on the first thanksgiving I spent with them.