California Liberals Mortified Over Folk Standing For The National Anthem

newolddude

I know this is going to bum you out but the trend of the US women’s team dominating soccer is over. The rest of the world is catching up as more girls/young women play the sport and countries spend more money on their national programs.

vantexan

I know this is going to bum you out but the trend of the US women’s team dominating soccer is over. The rest of the world is catching up as more girls/young women play the sport and countries spend more money on their national programs.
The rest of the world is catching up? You do realize the rest of the world has been playing soccer long before Americans have? I guess they must have already been way ahead of the American men.

newolddude

The rest of the world is catching up? You do realize the rest of the world has been playing soccer long before Americans have? I guess they must have already been way ahead of the American men.

Absolutely true. But the problem is/was many of those soccer loving countries put nearly 100% of their money behind men’s national teams. Look at what the Jamaican women had to do.

Now the tide is turning as they’re increasing budgets.

vantexan

Absolutely true. But the problem is/was many of those soccer loving countries put nearly 100% of their money behind men’s national teams. Look at what the Jamaican women had to do.

Now the tide is turning as they’re increasing budgets.

American women embraced soccer in college sports as football wasn't a viable option for them. When the American team won the first women's world cup it brought a lot of interest and local league organizing. That's been the foundation of American success. Much in the same way American success in pro tennis in the 70's brought a huge tennis boom. And lately there's been a huge surge in Eastern European interest in tennis as well as success. As well as in boxing. Serena and Venus Williams led to a lot more black American women entering tennis.

What you're saying is true, but there's a good deal more to it than spending money.

newolddude

American women embraced soccer in college sports as football wasn't a viable option for them. When the American team won the first women's world cup it brought a lot of interest and local league organizing. That's been the foundation of American success. Much in the same way American success in pro tennis in the 70's brought a huge tennis boom. And lately there's been a huge surge in Eastern European interest in tennis as well as success. As well as in boxing. Serena and Venus Williams led to a lot more black American women entering tennis.

What you're saying is true, but there's a good deal more to it than spending money.
You are correct in that even though soccer is a #5 sport in America, we have a great youth>high school>college>national pipeline.

The difference is other countries are seeing this and replicating it.

Gotta Go

1691346140610.png

Maybe the team should have spent a little less time on this skank's agenda and more time focusing on their opponents.

Box Ox

I guess the next American team should be built with only white, straight women who have agape like love for America. That should guarantee a win.
At least if they lose it will be with dignity.

Having a little respect for their own country might not be enough to save their dignity if they stick with the “splatter” design uniforms. Makes them look like house painters who got into a paint sprayer fight.

IMG_2427.jpeg