Necroposting

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This is the first year that I get to be top dog working. LOL I looked at the schedule last night and what did my eyes behold.......... a free hour. LOL My sup scheduled a less senior driver to start work an hour before moi! I made sure he understand the ramifications of his decision. :happy-very: I am sooooo good that way. I noticed the schedule was changed tonight. hehehehhhe :surprised:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Down here, all air drivers work, plus any ft drivers that sign up. if no ft drivers sign up, then they force the bottom 4 or so. This year, it's all the air drivers plus 8 or so senior drivers. They will have all the air done by noon, and those wanting 8 will be washing PC's.
Being in feeders, I used to work Friday and Saturday, 12 hours days, making pickups,and max out my hos log. Now that I have a Sun-Thur night run, I turned down the Fri- Sat work, and instead will come in early on Sunday to help clean up the mess. in Columbia.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Worked Wed night into Thursday. Regular work night in feeders. Boy we get strange looks in the A.M from most people.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When I was forced it was reg pay, now its double. I have nothing to do, so at almost 60$ per hr, I will take it. Now if family were in town or I had planned to be gone, I am high enough not to be forced.
Its such a nice easy day, I think its why I volunteer.
I call this a service day, the way UPS should be. If there is a car in the lot, I check every entrance I can to ensure if someone is waiting for a part, that I find them. It is my job to provide that service:happy2:
I got so many answers when I asked if they would be open, that said "someone will probably be around", so I must check. I dont think I heard anyone say they would be closed. Lack of communications in the companies? I sure dont know, I dont think that happens:greedy:

helenofcalifornia

Wait a minute. At our center if the regular package drivers volunteer to come in, it is straight time. If forced, then it is time and a half. In the past, we always got time and a half when we signed up. So which is it? The management says it is in our contract that the day after Thanksgiving is straight time unless forced. I don't have the contract with me, so does anyone know for sure? And double time?? When does that come into play?

raceanoncr

One of us is going to have to come in and put your set together?:peaceful:

Yes, because...uh...I don't amember how? Well, somebody's got to work, right?

By the way, don't wake me up.

Funny, one year, we dropped at CACH, had to TO to Palatine. Mngr said that "guard" would open gates at 2100 to let us in to get loads. I said, "We'd be at Palatine at 1700, can you call somebody else to let us in?".

"Uh...the "guard" will open gates at 2100 to let you in to get loads."

"OK".

Arrived, as I said, at Palatine at 1700. Both of us sat til 2115 when "guard" arrived to open gates. Let's see...4 hours, EACH, at double plus holiday pay? Then had to call road service to fix light that was out on set. Man, I love this job!

Naw...don't hook us up...we can do it ourselves...AT DOUBLE PLUS HOLIDAY PAY!!!!!!!

spif91

we dont at freight

anyway i ordered something online last night, payed for expedited shipping, says 1-3 days.....im hoping to get it before thursday so i can have it for my 4 day weekend

by the way its me, City Driver:wink2:
I'm Sun thru Thurs in feeders..I'm off from 8:00am Wed morn until Sunday at 9:00pm.....gotta luv it...........

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It depends on your contract I guess Helen.
Here is is double time plus your regular 8. Whether forced or volunteer.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Wait a minute. At our center if the regular package drivers volunteer to come in, it is straight time. If forced, then it is time and a half. In the past, we always got time and a half when we signed up. So which is it? The management says it is in our contract that the day after Thanksgiving is straight time unless forced. I don't have the contract with me, so does anyone know for sure? And double time?? When does that come into play?
Helen it used to be that way here to. If you volunteered you made straight, if forced double time. Now its anyone that works gets double time. Please check your contract as it varies from area to area.

Brown Rocket

Would have to loved to work seeing how I am still laid off. But thanks to my union borthers I get to sit while they make extra money after all the overtime they have been getting due to managment not putting in cars. THANKs TEAMSTERS I LOVE YOU ONE AND ALL.

lovemyupser

My husband needs some new UPS Socks. But I can't remember the web site we can order them from. I was hoping you all would help me out on this one.