Necro's old things

P

pickup

Our neighbor, during my childhood, drove a Charle's Chips truck and that big truck was parked next door in the skinny driveway. No association there and no one cared (that I knew).

They are still available at Vermont Country Store....for $19.95 a can plus shipping & handling !!!!!

Charle's chips. I remember that can. I can't remember what was in them. Ahh, good memories.

P

pickup

NO WAY!They GLOW in the dark?

I love that illustration. The young girl and the wife are scared to the point of screaming. The head of the house, Dad, takes merriment from the game but has no fear. Young Timmy who will one day be head of his household, is a bit perplexed but is holding it together. Ahh the young lad is being initiated into becoming a man.

Good job Timmy, Good job. Now, keep doing those pushups, we got a war waiting for you when you turn 18.

edit: couldn't bring the photo along apparently, but it is in post 144

Necropostophiliac

Anyone open up a Christmas present and find one of these?
rockem1.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
1950's Littlest Angel Doll :

I had one of these when I was little. I had the blonde one (I was blonde) and my best friend had the brunette one because she was a brunette We had lots of outfits and we could coordinate what they wore.. Nice little "trunk" too. A On TV was My Little Margie andshe was on a cruise ship and steamer trunks were always shown

DS

Fenderbender
Sam the record man died:sad-little:
When I was around 15 we drove downtown in my friends
1968 327 chevy and I bought my first record for 88cents.
Build me up buttercup by the foundations if I remember right.

POSTCARD-TORONTO-YONGESTREET-NEARSAMSLOOKINGNORTH-CARS-MANYSTORES-NICE-LATE1960s.jpg

Necropostophiliac

Sam the record man died:sad-little:
When I was around 15 we drove downtown in my friends
1968 327 chevy and I bought my first record for 88cents.
Build me up buttercup by the foundations if I remember right.

POSTCARD-TORONTO-YONGESTREET-NEARSAMSLOOKINGNORTH-CARS-MANYSTORES-NICE-LATE1960s.jpg

In 7th or 8th grade dance at school that song was playing. It is burnt in my soul.
I bought the 45 (do not laugh everone) of it.

You are correct, the Foundations cut that tune.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I was growing up, we had a fruit cellar (that's what my mom called it).

I would always be sent down for puree & paste when she was making spaghetti sauce. Of course, it was at night......scary place in the basement!!

There was always a wood case of Carling Black Label...for company.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My cousin had a root celler on his farm in Pennsylvania near Reading -Pottsville bulit in 1740's had hooks in ceiling to hang hams etc. . The cellar was all stone between the barn and the house. No Carlings though but the Strohs and Yuengling breweries were near by and he would purchase the brewing byproduct as feed for the milk cows. Mo, did mom have any fruit cherries etc. in jars with brandy saved for the holidays ? Yummy.