Need advice?

rickyb

hello i have been with ups over a year now.I'm originally from Algeria,which is a Islam religion country. Since i have been unloading,the sorters im unloading to would shout "terrorist" directed at me or come on :censored2:en terrorist" as to hurry up. I know they are high senority guys and are cool woth sups that around which i know they probzbly her that as well. Should i go ahead and report this.i dont wanna risk my jobs by doing this though.any advice?

welcome to america.

americans have been bombarded with anti muslim / fear of terrorism propaganda by their (highly concentrated) mainstream media. the point of it is to keep military empire funding high, and claw back civil liberties so that when the economy and environment is decimated in the future, it will be illegal to protest.

i would find a better job than UPS, despite the precarious american economy there are still opportunities.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
welcome to america.

americans have been bombarded with anti muslim / fear of terrorism propaganda by their (highly concentrated) mainstream media. the point of it is to keep military empire funding high, and claw back civil liberties so that when the economy and environment is decimated in the future, it will be illegal to protest.

i would find a better job than UPS, despite the precarious american economy there are still opportunities.

rickyb

hello i have been with ups over a year now.I'm originally from Algeria,which is a Islam religion country. Since i have been unloading,the sorters im unloading to would shout "terrorist" directed at me or come on :censored2:en terrorist" as to hurry up. I know they are high senority guys and are cool woth sups that around which i know they probzbly her that as well. Should i go ahead and report this.i dont wanna risk my jobs by doing this though.any advice?

i dont recommend coming to this forum for help either. theres a clique and most of the guys will just make fun of you with usually weak joke. how much do you earn? if its not alot of money, i would just tough it out and look for another career.

Brownslave688

i dont recommend coming to this forum for help either. theres a clique and most of the guys will just make fun of you with usually weak joke. how much do you earn? if its not alot of money, i would just tough it out and look for another career.

Seriously I know what you should do.....

oldngray

nowhere special
canadians.jpg

Brownslave688

You should probably quit wearing a turbine to work.

TheFigurehead

i dont recommend coming to this forum for help either. theres a clique and most of the guys will just make fun of you with usually weak joke.

Exactly. A large contingent of people here (not all of us, thankfully), are the very people who would do this to you if you worked with them, and think it's funny.

And look at that… just like clockwork:

Brownslave688

Exactly. A large contingent of people here (not all of us, thankfully), are the very people who would do this to you if you worked with them, and think it's funny.

And look at that… just like clockwork:
First of all most islams could stand to get a sense of humor.

Second you know what's not funny? The fact that many people have to fear for their lives because the normal peaceful law abiding Islamic community won't stand up and fight against their radical counter parts.

What's not funny is American soldiers dying every day because the people that could most easily control the terrorist are too big of pusillanimous to stand up for themselves.

rickyb

What's not funny is American soldiers dying every day because the people that could most easily control the terrorist are too big of pusillanimous to stand up for themselves.

you mean the american population taking control of their own excessively expensive military empire whos violence breeds terrorism? thats what i thought.

TheFigurehead

Second you know what's not funny? The fact that many people have to fear for their lives because the normal peaceful law abiding Islamic community won't stand up and fight against their radical counter parts.

What's not funny is American soldiers dying every day because the people that could easiestly control the terrorist are too big of pusillanimous to stand up for themselves.

And that has nothing whatsoever to do with this employee. His religion is of no consequence to anyone. I don't bring my distaste for the Catholic church to work with me. I don't know my coworkers religions, and I don't care. He has no responsibility to you or anyone else to apologize on behalf of the actions of people he had no involvement with just because he (may or may not, he hasn't said if he was or wasn't muslim, simply he's from a muslim region) share a religion with them.

I don't single out people who I believe may be Catholic at work, then persecute them because I believe I deserve a personal apology from every one of them on behalf of the crusades, inquisition, abortion clinic bombings, molestation by priests, or whatever else.

You're free to feel however you want… but leave that bull$#i+ at home. Save your ignorant comments for your ignorant friends and family outside of the workplace.

SafeYARDdog

can't talk about religion like that.

Attachments

• 7ce5856cd8d05509238fdaba0fde0a55.jpg
    7ce5856cd8d05509238fdaba0fde0a55.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 87
F

FrigidAdCorrector

you mean the american population taking control of their own excessively expensive military empire whos violence breeds terrorism? thats what i thought.
You know why our military is excessively expensive? Because if something happens we end up having to be the guys protecting the European nations who decided they don't need a large military. And if Russia invaded Canada tomorrow, we would be the ones defending you. Not your tiny military.

OP try talking to your sup if the guys won't stop. I wouldn't allow that kind of talk on my sort because it is nothing short of disrespectful. Don't let people get to you.

Indecisi0n

I think you mean refrain. But anyhow, these coworkers are complete morons. Definitely report this to the shop steward, business manager, etc. Keep going up the chain until you get results. With all the negative publicity UPS has gotten lately I doubt they'll ignore this situation.
No. I was hanging a picture.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
welcome to america.

canadians, eh? Whaddya gonna do?

wayfair

swollen member
And that has nothing whatsoever to do with this employee. His religion is of no consequence to anyone. I don't bring my distaste for the Catholic church to work with me. I don't know my coworkers religions, and I don't care. He has no responsibility to you or anyone else to apologize on behalf of the actions of people he had no involvement with just because he (may or may not, he hasn't said if he was or wasn't muslim, simply he's from a muslim region) share a religion with them.

I don't single out people who I believe may be Catholic at work, then persecute them because I believe I deserve a personal apology from every one of them on behalf of the crusades, inquisition, abortion clinic bombings, molestation by priests, or whatever else.

You're free to feel however you want… but leave that bull$#i+ at home. Save your ignorant comments for your ignorant friends and family outside of the workplace.

I'm Catholic.... :censored2: off!!

I was doing a pick up one friday and the shipper/receiver guy was telling me about a convention he had to go to the next day. I said " dang, you gotta work on Sat?"
he said " you should come" and handed me his JW handout... I said "Sorry, man, I'm Catholic"
He was in shock, telling me "You know the Catholics used to burn people at the stake"
I told him, " Muslims do a lot worse nowadays....google it"

T

Turdferguson

Why would you deserve a personal apology from Catholics? Are you a Muslim French Huguenots who has been around since 1029 AD ?