Need help scratching a route

Arch

So this week will be my 6th week and been told by my on road sup that will be the important week for me to make scratch.

I feel like I know the route well enough, but I haven't hit the zero mark yet. Last Thursday I clocked out at 4:45pm and felt like I was the first one back since I see no trucks. I was .30 over allowed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point. I try running for every stop. Didn't even take my lunch nor did I felt something was slowing me down. My gut feeling is telling me I'm not going to make the cut. Friday was pretty awful since I got slam with irregulars blocking my ability to sort the back. Any tips is appreciated.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Sounds like you got a runner's route and he made it impossible to scratch. 4:45 is pretty damn early so you should be scratch or under! How many stops did you have that day?

proyer

If given less than an 8hr day ask for 05 (paid actual).
Put in an hour lunch but work through it, that would give you the time you need.
Good luck

Rack em

Made the Podium
If given less than an 8hr day ask for 05 (paid actual).
Put in an hour lunch but work through it, that would give you the time you need.
Good luck
They can see when you work while on lunch, so this is a horrible idea. Always take your lunch and leave the vehicle off! You can sort your truck (while qualifying) on lunch, but the vehicle better not be moving.

BurntSienna

Use your lunch hour wisely. Eat something and then sort that truck! The sooner you get organized and get your shelves in order the better. Will save you time!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So this week will be my 6th week and been told by my on road sup that will be the important week for me to make scratch.

I feel like I know the route well enough, but I haven't hit the zero mark yet. Last Thursday I clocked out at 4:45pm and felt like I was the first one back since I see no trucks. I was .30 over allowed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point. I try running for every stop. Didn't even take my lunch nor did I felt something was slowing me down. My gut feeling is telling me I'm not going to make the cut. Friday was pretty awful since I got slam with irregulars blocking my ability to sort the back. Any tips is appreciated.
What’s your start time? It seems like they didn’t give you eight hours worth of work, therefore, it’s almost impossible to scratch.

Arch

Sounds like you got a runner's route and he made it impossible to scratch. 4:45 is pretty damn early so you should be scratch or under! How many stops did you have that day?

About 165 stops that day.

What’s your start time? It seems like they didn’t give you eight hours worth of work, therefore, it’s almost impossible to scratch.

8:55am start time.

What is everyones recommendation dealing with irregulars? Should I knock those out after NDA's? I hate having to break away from my route and bypass stops. But then again they are in my way when I'm trying to sort. So I'm trying to figure out the best solution if I come across it again this week.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

What is everyones recommendation dealing with irregulars? Should I knock those out after NDA's? I hate having to break away from my route and bypass stops. But then again they are in my way when I'm trying to sort. So I'm trying to figure out the best solution if I come across it again this week.
So with an hour lunch, 5:55 would be eight hours. You didn’t even have an eight hour dispatch if you were over at 4:45, management numbers not making sense anyway. I do irreggs after airs everyday.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

Knockout the iregs only if they're in your way . Like Orion run the route in sections but never use it, it sucks ASS and is very dangerous, run NDA,s with ground around it. Put stops up front with you and walk the stop and run back. On residential bulk stops or e rigs put them at the garage, dont take them to the front door and stop worrying about scratching all operation reports have been unfair and way off. These reports will only be honest again if everyone gets a time study and they reloop the mixed up routes

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Let's say start is 9, 4:45 would be 7.75. 8 hour guarantee bumps you up .25, so there's most of your over allowed. They can't fault you for an under dispatch. Lunch doesn't count against production, so take it, it will help you rest up for the second half of the day so you can move more quickly. If you need to sort your car during lunch to qualify, no one ought to think less of you, just don't do it the whole time. Also, be at your next stop ready to deliver at the end of your lunch. This is actually company policy, according to my on road, so you won't get in trouble for driving during your lunch.

I felt like I had to run to qualify too, but once you get conditioned to the job, and get to know the routes inside and out, you will find that a slightly faster than normal walking pace will be enough. The time saved is all in the routines and automatic motions. When you aren't wasting time making decisions, your day gets much easier.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Let's say start is 9, 4:45 would be 7.75. 8 hour guarantee bumps you up .25, so there's most of your over allowed. They can't fault you for an under dispatch. Lunch doesn't count against production, so take it, it will help you rest up for the second half of the day so you can move more quickly. If you need to sort your car during lunch to qualify, no one ought to think less of you, just don't do it the whole time. Also, be at your next stop ready to deliver at the end of your lunch. This is actually company policy, according to my on road, so you won't get in trouble for driving during your lunch.

I felt like I had to run to qualify too, but once you get conditioned to the job, and get to know the routes inside and out, you will find that a slightly faster than normal walking pace will be enough. The time saved is all in the routines and automatic motions. When you aren't wasting time making decisions, your day gets much easier.
Sort your car in the morning and take a magic marker and write the atreet and number on the giant packages, you will save an hour and a half for every half hour you set the truck up

UnconTROLLed

perfection
b

just blame the preloader

Arch

I thought taking your lunch will hurt your ability to scratch since the number is determined from when you punch in to punching out. Isn't that correct?

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
If you are losing time in the mornings because preload isnt down ask your on road supe if you code out that time 10 minutes 15 whatever.
When you get back to the building do this: the second you park your package car clock out unless you have CODs in which I say take an envelope with you fill it out and make sure you clock out dont stop to talk to no one, forget the clerk pkgs or turn them in after you clock out no one cares about NXA.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I would say sort your truck as you go through the first 4 shelfs, when you get to your 5000 shelf take lunch and sort the whole truck. Then make sure you have a 30 inch reach selection, now I know with Orion this might seem stupid but it doesn't hurt in case the work is lined up with the old RDO pals. Make sure to get out of building ASAP and have a plan and stick to it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I thought taking your lunch will hurt your ability to scratch since the number is determined from when you punch in to punching out. Isn't that correct?

Maybe if your state requires paid lunches, but the short answer is no. Unpaid time doesn't count against your over allowed. Over allowed is calculated based on the planned day versus actual paid time on the route.

A few things can extend your planned day legitimately, and there are a few things that could potentially get you dq'd. Putting floor numbers in used to get you extra time allowance, now I'm not sure. Signatures get you extra time, but with cir signatures are few and far between. Running your route in such a way that you get more miles will add time. As long as you beat Orion miles you shouldn't have an issue, but this is an area where you can get yourself in trouble.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel

****Special Counts****

You're welcome.