Need help with P/T Package Handler pay rates?

cino321

I can't stand this keep your mouth shut show up for work and do you job nonsense. People who do that are ruining the integrity of the union and encouraging dishonesty in management. Sure management might leave you alone, but odds are because you didn't open your mouth they're screwing someone else.

Open your eyes guys, look at the bigger picture.

hiatt21

It is different for me I started about 7 weeks ago and my average check a week is 150-160. I always get at least 4 hours a night.

aspenleaf

This is where TRUE KNOWLEDGE is... UPS management will make you feel that:
YOU are the only one with misloads in the whole country.
YOU are the only one unable to keep up with loading 200+ packages an hour.
You are the only one stacking packages outside the car.

When you read these boards you see the problem is rampant and that UPS management are ignorant.

This is also a place to vent about UPS...

What others have misloads too??? You are right on with that statement. When I have them my sup is all over it like I killed someone. Most of the time it was not a misload but someone typed in the wrong address; which is another good reason to not sign for misloads since there are many factors that can cause them and they may not be you!

705red

Browncafe Steward
What others have misloads too??? You are right on with that statement. When I have them my sup is all over it like I killed someone. Most of the time it was not a misload but someone typed in the wrong address; which is another good reason to not sign for misloads since there are many factors that can cause them and they may not be you!
NEVER SIGN ANYTHING!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
AMEN!!! Only thing that you have to sign is your paycheck, and the attendance sheet at that corny safety tape you have to watch every year.

I disagree. But apparently, I'm in the minority. I'll sign the reasonable and accurate stuff. Insulting? "RTS it, mister." Inaccurate? "Get your supervisor down here to ask me to sign it." One pt sup actually did so. The ft'er crumpled the thing up and threw it down a chute after I told him the story. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
AMEN!!! Only thing that you have to sign is your paycheck, and the attendance sheet at that corny safety tape you have to watch every year.
You only should sign dot mandated forms and thats it, tell the sup that your rtsing that yearly training pack!

LKLND3380

I can't stand this keep your mouth shut show up for work and do you job nonsense. People who do that are ruining the integrity of the union and encouraging dishonesty in management. Sure management might leave you alone, but odds are because you didn't open your mouth they're screwing someone else.

Open your eyes guys, look at the bigger picture.

Did everyone get their upsTEAMSTER magazine this week? Local 991 UPS workers win $25,000 in grievances...

Last September, the company paid nine full-time package car drivers in Tallahassee, Florida $16,000 for the violations. In February, 10 members - two part-time and eight full-time workers - were paid about $9,000. One part-time worker recieved about $1,200...

LKLND3380

I disagree. But apparently, I'm in the minority. I'll sign the reasonable and accurate stuff. Insulting? "RTS it, mister." Inaccurate? "Get your supervisor down here to ask me to sign it." One pt sup actually did so. The ft'er crumpled the thing up and threw it down a chute after I told him the story. -Rocky

Since this is disapline YOU MUST have a Union Steward present and THEY can sign that you RTS... We had a full time Supe that would never talk to us or show us paperwork and just RTS everything...

aspenleaf

NEVER SIGN ANYTHING!

Not sure I "heard" ya!

And I found a driver putting air that she did not want to del on another one of my trucks. I didn't know she did this but the driver found and asked me why it was on his seat. I found my sup and was yelling that this crap has got to stop since I knew I had not put any air on his seat. Then I found the driver that the air belonged to and asked her about it and she said "yes I put it there." I said "well did you tell the driver about it? Because that would have counted as a misload against me." So I do not sign for misloads. You almost have to be a guard dog about your trucks and I question anyone who goes into my trucks no matter who they are. I once caught an OMS guy putting a high value on the wrong truck. He said I made him get lost. I had a few words for him and now he shows me what he is putting on my trucks. My sups laugh at me and make fun of how I guard my trucks and I hate when they send me to the other side of the boxline since I then don't know who put stuff on my truck.

ups2005

How much does a ups partime package handler make i have been working at my job since aug.15 2005 and can someone tell me the break down