Need peace of mind guys.

OrionsBitch

Not...
hey guys, last week i had a review wth my shop steward and sup about having a late air because i mixed ground stops with air, and the only reason i had one was because i didn't hit down on the of to get a time stamp

anyways, so today i wasn't expecting to drive but 10-15 minutes after start time, my sup told me i was on a route so i had to finish wrapping it because preload didn't finish and didn't leave until 9:20 and i had 8 airs and i had one in a medical suite and another in an elderly home, so in the medical suite i delivered the air and 3 savers and for the elderly home i delivered the air and a ground. i ended up having one air late because i was held up at a security gate for a community on my second to last air, im just worried about getting a warning letter since they had a review with last week, and if i do get one , what can i do? thanks guys and sorry for the long post
Wait this is about a warning letter? HAHAHAHAHA kick that :censored2: under the rug and move on.

35years

Gravy route
I have saved all my warning letters over the years.
I plan on wallpapering my bathroom with them upon retirement.

My BA's words...
The only way a warning letter will hurt you is if they wrap it around a brick and throw it at you.

Sleep well.

Brownsfan

hopefully i don't want to lose my job
Are you full time or part time driver(preloader driving after sort)?

Either way discipline always has a upwards trajectory at UPS. It starts with verbal and goes from there. You still have quite a few steps left before you get anywhere near losing your job.

Here's my advice, stop getting creative and stop trying to be smarter than UPS. If you have had air issues then air should be your number one priority, followed closely by no missed business.
You can do Lots of things wrong minus cardinal sins at ups. But you have to fix issues with good solutions as soon as the problem arises. Good luck and keep it basic.

MrBates

If you were in the process of qualifying, I would be worried. Otherwise, warning letters don't mean much really. There is quite a lengthy process they have to follow to even consider canning you for something such as late air.

Going forward, don't ever gamble with airs. If you roll out the building late document the correct "left building" time and run straight air.

If you feel like there is even a slight chance of a late air, make sure you send a message to the center thru your DIAD before the commit time to put the ball in their court and cover yourself at the same time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
hopefully i don't want to lose my job
You aren't the first driver to have a late air, and you won't be the last...the last few Christmas' Ups has missed thousands of packages and they didn't seem too worried about it so do the best you can but don't dwell on it....

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Sometimes I like to keep em on their toes...I'll deliver a package leave it on the porch at 1029...then I'll enter the last 4 of the tracking at 1031 and make it late in the system even though it's not actually late...you think I care!!!??? Roll...damn...tide

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
hey guys, last week i had a review wth my shop steward and sup about having a late air because i mixed ground stops with air, and the only reason i had one was because i didn't hit down on the of to get a time stamp

anyways, so today i wasn't expecting to drive but 10-15 minutes after start time, my sup told me i was on a route so i had to finish wrapping it because preload didn't finish and didn't leave until 9:20 and i had 8 airs and i had one in a medical suite and another in an elderly home, so in the medical suite i delivered the air and 3 savers and for the elderly home i delivered the air and a ground. i ended up having one air late because i was held up at a security gate for a community on my second to last air, im just worried about getting a warning letter since they had a review with last week, and if i do get one , what can i do? thanks guys and sorry for the long post
Air first. Rack up the miles. CYA-always!

upload_2017-5-9_7-42-35.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
if i get a warning letter, is there anything i can do, i got a safety warning letter maybe almost two months ago and i grieved it,
i just don't want to lose my
job
It's a warning letter. Not the end of the world.

Stops having late air and you'll be fine.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'm satellited and on the 9/5 list. Many times I would have to double trip to make service on my air parcels depending on when I receive my TP60. If I have to double trip it would add an average of 35-50 miles to my day.
My PDS has instructed me to deliver the air late rather than add the extra miles. I guess making commit times depends on which center you work out of.

Daf

if i get a warning letter, is there anything i can do, i got a safety warning letter maybe almost two months ago and i grieved it,
i just don't want to lose my
job
Grieve this one too. They are going to blame you because you delivered a saver or ground or whatever. They have a valid point. However, they are getting you out late also, they are also partially to blame. Run straight air from now on to protect yourself.