Need peace of mind guys.

upsguy17

hey guys, last week i had a review wth my shop steward and sup about having a late air because i mixed ground stops with air, and the only reason i had one was because i didn't hit down on the of to get a time stamp

anyways, so today i wasn't expecting to drive but 10-15 minutes after start time, my sup told me i was on a route so i had to finish wrapping it because preload didn't finish and didn't leave until 9:20 and i had 8 airs and i had one in a medical suite and another in an elderly home, so in the medical suite i delivered the air and 3 savers and for the elderly home i delivered the air and a ground. i ended up having one air late because i was held up at a security gate for a community on my second to last air, im just worried about getting a warning letter since they had a review with last week, and if i do get one , what can i do? thanks guys and sorry for the long post

ManInBrown

If there is ever any doubt when you leave the building of not getting all airs done on time, DO NOT DELIVER any GROUND. It's not rocket science. Who cares if you have to go back. Paid by the hour.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is a tough one. On the one hand, you should always run straight air, especially since you left late.

Did you know that there may be a delay at the gated community?

upsguy17

no i didn't, apparently they had a new guard starting today, or something because she asked for my license and such, i honestly thought when i was delivering the savers and such that i was going to make it.

upsguy17

if i get a warning letter, is there anything i can do, i got a safety warning letter maybe almost two months ago and i grieved it,
i just don't want to lose my
job

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hopefully they will take in to consideration the fact that you were thrown on the route at the last minute.

When in doubt---run straight air. This way if you do have any lates it is on them, not you.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Next time you get held up at a gate send a message. At least you cover your butt. I have a ton of gates and I mean almost every neighborhood on my route and when theres a hold up I let them know. Then if you get pulled in the office the next day you can say you let them know. Don't panic you won't lose your job it happens to the best of us. In the future use the golden rule when in doubt run straight air. No exceptions.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Getting a warning letter means absolutely nothing...don't worry about it at all...but if you're ever cutting it close deliver straight air then go back later

tourists24

If they can't understand the situation and give you a warning letter, just use it as a learning opportunity. Fix the problem by delivering straight air from this day forward. Butt covered

StoptheAct1212

Listen. Take the warning letter. You fuddged up. Not making a good decision... they will not fire you.... unless they hate you and now have a excuss....

542thruNthru

hopefully i don't want to lose my job

You will not lose your job so stop worrying. You need to learn from this though. Stop running air with ground. Slow down and do the job right. You mentioned a safety warning letter. That tells me you're running and you need to stop trying to impress your supe.

GenericUsername

There's always a few things to take into consideration though. One being the distance between the center and the first stop. We cover areas where the air is still due at 10:30 but takes 20-25 minutes to get to the beginning of the route. I've had 14 air on said route, and getting them done from 9:40 to 10:30 is impossible with the distance/lights.

Cementups

Box Monkey
if i get a warning letter, is there anything i can do, i got a safety warning letter maybe almost two months ago and i grieved it,
i just don't want to lose my
job

These two warning letters are not relevant to each other so don't worry about it.
It's just a warning letter. We've all gotten them at least once in our career.