Negative comments by a fellow employee - how to handle situation

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Have a friend who is being harassed by a younger guy who continually calls him the "old guy". I pointed this out to my friend that this is age discrimination and is an amendment to the Civil Rights act of 1964. My friend can report it to EEOC. When it is a fellow employee would you go to the full time management, HR, call the 800 #. So far, my friend has not said anything to this individual. These two individuals are two different races. I know you cannot file a grievance against another co-worker so what solutions do you offer? DO NOT SAY CALL JENNY. This is not funny. Thanks for any positive feedback. In this hub there have been a lot of fights recently with this kind of stuff going on. Management has been lax about getting involved.

Solution: Go to levels hierarchy, if that doesn't work. Go to UPSERS, look for HR and tell the problem. I assure you this will stop. I did it before on a personal situation, they meet with both parties and they fix the problem. Sups and everyone involved they get reprimanded for not follow up your situation or ignored you. In other words, they get in real trouble. Good luck.

PT Car Washer

With 38 years of service with this outfit, I lost count of how many junior drivers came up to me and commented about how old I was, and wasn't I ready to retire yet so they could move up a spot in seniority? I just took it with a grain of salt. Didn't bother me in the least.
I tell them I an having too much fun to want to retire. And it is the truth. When the job stop being fun I will consider retirement.

Smashmouth

Have a friend who is being harassed by a younger guy who continually calls him the "old guy". I pointed this out to my friend that this is age discrimination and is an amendment to the Civil Rights act of 1964. My friend can report it to EEOC. When it is a fellow employee would you go to the full time management, HR, call the 800 #. So far, my friend has not said anything to this individual. These two individuals are two different races. I know you cannot file a grievance against another co-worker so what solutions do you offer? DO NOT SAY CALL JENNY. This is not funny. Thanks for any positive feedback. In this hub there have been a lot of fights recently with this kind of stuff going on. Management has been lax about getting involved.

Unless this other guy is a supervisor and therefore an extension of the company, then the Civil Right act of 1964 has nothing to do with this. That act has to do with age, sex, and race disrimination as it pertains to voter registration, employment, school segregation and use of public accomodations. Your friend is just simply being harrassed and should document the harrassment if he can and bring it to his supervisors attention and if that doesn't work, call HR. But proof is critical, otherwise its he said/she said.

Crumudgeon

POW-MIA.. never forget...
Old guys take piddily crap like that with a grain of salt. They aren't like the younger generation who get their panties tied in a knot over the silliest thing. Us old guys have many ways to get even IF we want to.
The fish on a Friday, in hot weather, put strategically out of sight makes an effective Monday morning surprise...

The fish on a Friday, in hot weather, put strategically out of sight makes an effective Monday morning surprise...

20D1203B-CB1E-4CD8-ACD3-1FC81B4C5BE0.jpeg

I found it