Network down today, had to sheet stops old school

Re-Raise

They don’t even offer a discount and expect so much outta me and MY personal phone!
37DD3C7B-B17F-435E-BBDB-51D721B2B6F2.png

Actually there is pretty decent discount with ATT for UPS employees..

doesn’t mean you have to use your phone for work though

iruhnman630

Today I learned....

Diad 6 is a useless brick when you cannot download.

You would think they would design them with the capability to work offline by just creating a stop, manually entering the address, and scanning the packages.

Nope.

Put it on paper and hope for the best.

A lot of younger drivers got a quick history lesson today.

And in our center, we got a 3-for1 deal:

The Diad issue + a new dispatcher who totally jacked up our routes + a nice pcm about how we cut 8 routes because customers are switching to Fed Ex over the prospect of a strike.

I delivered apartments which I haven't delivered since I was a split driver, maybe 8 years ago

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Perhaps another company "test balloon" prior to contract time to see if anyone could handle a less automated way of doing business. Seems anything "strange" happening has to be viewed through the lens of what can they handle.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Shipping container rates (very good forward indicator) have bottomed out so FYI it's less "going to the competition" and more that less people overall are ordering cheap crap from china.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Perhaps another company "test balloon" prior to contract time to see if anyone could handle a less automated way of doing business. Seems anything "strange" happening has to be viewed through the lens of what can they handle.
I have less than zero faith in anybody they hired to do tech in this company. And that's a recent thing too, starting going downhill in 2018 or so.

iruhnman630

The big question.....

What if EDD never populates?

An entire days worth of packages just disappears.

There is no way we have the resources to hand enter all of them like the old days of paper

A simple fix is to bring back the capability to create a stop and scan the packages.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I wouldn’t have cared about paper EDD if my dispatcher wasn’t incompetent and my route had some semblance of order. I have the kind of dispatch where you’re delivering off 5 different shelves in the span of 20 stops. Trying to run it in trace I was skipping through my packet from page 2 to 34 back to 3 and so on. Had maybe 40 stops off by 1300 when I got EDD on the board. Normally by that time I’d have around 90-100 stops off. It was funny watching the young guys squirm. Completely reliant on the map screen to run their day. There are only two guys left in my center that delivered pre diad their only complaint was that they didn’t have a clipboard.

Hot Carl

Please don't tell me the back up cameras weren't working either. How could you possibly back up without one?
Mine doesn't work half the time. It's either a black screen or looks like it's running off of a worn-out VHS tape. I write it up and it's the usual "Part on order. OK to drive" kinda :censored2:. After a while you just get used to not having it and don't even notice it started working again after that last pothole you hit.